We stayed in this resort in February of this year and LOVED every moment. The resort is beautifully maintained, and the staff was warm, friendly and very accomodating. This resort has 2 sections the Zen Garden located in the jungle, a short 2 minute ride to the beach in one of the resort operated shuttles, which run every 15 minutes and the Ambassador - Beachfront section of the resort.
The Zen Garden section has peaceful quiet rooms in a jungle setting.
The Zen Garden boasts a World Class Spa not to be missed. Its Water Journey sets the stage addressing every area of your experience, using pools with jets and elements of hot and cold rooms including showers a sauna and steam room followed by an ICE room and even a mud bath...and you can choose to participate in as many or as few of the elements as you desire. Then you move on to your actual spa treatment. We enjoyed the couples massage. A romantic and relaxing pleasure for the senses. I recommend you plan your treatment for earlier in the day, because you really should take the Water Journey before the spa to make the most of it. The bonus is, you have the opportunity to return to the Water Journey again at anytime and as many times during the day of your treatment... so you could leave go hang out on the beach and come back later and do it again. We weren't able to take advantage of that perk, but given the opportunity to visit this resort again, we would.
We stayed in the Ambassador Section of the resort. The nice thing about this section is every room has an Ocean View. We requested an upper floor, didn't think to ask for a private plunge pool room. Won't make that mistake next time. Our room was in the Adults Only section of the resort though the name is a bit misleading as adults and be children as old as 16. Which didn't matter to us. The 2 pools in the ambassador section have Swim-up Bars and they offer service to the beach, with very attentive wait staff.
Our room was very spacious and had a view of cruise ships heading into Cozumel on a clear day and the lights of the city by night. The amenities were wonderful, with a shower, a jetted tub with the option of ocean views or not by the use of sliding doors. Duel sinks and a private commode complete the 4 piece large bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and there was a seating area along with a separate desk. The balcony was private and spacious with a bed and a table and chairs, we enjoyed al fresco dining for breakfast most days and my husband enjoyed afternoon siestas in the warmth of the sun.
The restaurants were wonderful. Our favorite was Piaf - featuring Fine French Dining. We ate here twice the food was so good. For authentic Mexican Fridas was another favorite. The Bistro and Azul were also wonderful. We really didn't have an issue with any of the restaurants, though the Fine Dining options require reservations and have a dress code and fill up quickly. You can make reservations over the phone prior to your stay to guarantee you get the time/day you want. The Resort offers shuttles to Playa del Carmen. I really can't say anything we didn't enjoy about his resort. Like my title said it truly was 'Grand" in every way!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen