We love the service, the pools, the food, the rooms. We'll continue to go, but over the years they have been cutting back on special touches. They used to provide a wonderful lavender spray for the linens--no more. The mouthwash is terrible---don't try it. The toilet paper is rough and obviously the cheapest brand.
Worst change: they CHARGE for internet usage. Guests cannot use the business center (for even 10 minutes) without a hefty charge. They need to take a clue from Marriott and other resorts. They should not charge this much for a vacation and have this insulting charge added on. We would rate them Excellent if it weren't for this terrible policy. All the guests discuss it and find it to be very bad form.
Concierge services are the best ever and we look forward to seeing them every year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen