After researching the resort for about six months, and reading the reviews and perusing their website almost daily up until our travel date, I must say that we were anxious to arrive. Like all, we thought the resort was beautiful. We arrived to an "open air" resort which I wasn't exactly expecting! We stayed in the zen section. The staff were attentive and quickly welcomed and attended to us. Allergy sufferers and asthmatics BEWARE!! As we got closer to our room, I could smell the mold and mildew which was much worst in the room! So much so that it was in our clothes and I had to take meds the entire vacation and could barely breathe ( I would suggest to the hotel use dehumidifiers). But if you don't have allergy or breathing problems the zen section is tranquil, quiet, relaxing and beautiful. Wifi was free but slow. The shuttle ride was not a problem and ran constantly. We felt like we were the only ones at the resort being in the zen section! The staff were incredible everywhere and the spa is first class, amazing and not to be missed. I would suggest that you make dinner arrangements prior to arrival if you want specific restaurants and times or you may not get what you want. Cocina is their best and we also thoroughly enjoyed Frida and Sen Lin. Be prepared the public spaces are very warm as we were sweating each night at dinner even with very light clothing on but the spaces are well designed, decorated and breathe taking. The ambassador pool was amazing the zen pool and service is a must do and experience also! We found the beach beautiful but a little too rocky. Overall, beautiful resort and first class staff and I would highly recommend the resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen