This is our first trip to Banyan Tree and the Riviera Maya. Several employees made our visit and outstanding one. There were Manuel and Alejandro at the bar, Manuel, Francisco, Felipe at breakfast and the Sands. Ivan, Carlos and Emmanuel at the beach club. Their smiles were so warm and we immediately felt welcome.
A tip is to rent bikes to get to and from the beach. $5 a day. What a fun way to see the property, which was immaculate. Every single person we saw on our daily ride greeted us with smiles. Another tip is to get extra key cards to use for the a/c while you are out of your villa. Our unit did not cool down fast enough in the evenings without the key card in place all day. Pack your sunblock and the sun is intense! it is $26 a bottle at the gift shop. Change money to offer as tips and pay for smaller items.
Our villa was a garden villa. We did not have a hot tub or bigger casita. We did not need one! We used the pool daily. The temperature was perfect. The hammock was key for naps. Bottles of water, fresh fruit and delicious coffee were in our villa every single day. The bed and linens were top notch. The rain shower felt heavenly on my sunburned skin.
The Beach Club and Sands has the only lunch option outside of room service. I enjoyed every single dish I tried. Breakfast, which is included, was the biggest and best buffet. Even had sushi! And if you did not see something you wanted, they would find it for you. Saffron was our only choice for dinner. And it did not disappoint. We had the filet and pad thai, several appetizers and wine. We sat outside and watched huge fish swim by the dock. A very romantic setting.
We went off campus to the Fairmont and Grand Velas. Both hotels were beautiful. But not to the level of The Banyan Tree. We played El Cameleon Golf Course twice and saw crocodiles and tons of iguanas. We went to Playa Del Carmen twice by taxi. It is a $20 ride and so much fun. I felt very safe the entire time I was there. Whether I was at the Banyan Tree or if we were downtown.
Although we saw several children enjoying their vacation, I would not bring my little kids until they were old enough to enjoy the luxury of this hotel. The majority of the visitors paid a lot of money to enjoy the peace and serenity. I would not want to disturb their vacation.
And now to the spa. Heaven inside the Banyan Tree. We had a couples massage and enjoyed a scrub, a shower, and then the massage. It is a must do at this hotel. It will spoil every massage you have after your visit.
We were sad to leave. The week flew by and we were incredibly relaxed. I cannot wait to return. Thank you Banyan Tree staff for a remarkable vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with seekda GmbH, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen