Visited last week with our 18 month daughter. Very impressive lobby area, large room and pool(we stayed in Courtyard Villa) with great interior design. I think that the price was very resonable considering this. We stayed at the Rosewood last time, and Banyan Tree is noticeably cheaper. Having said that, the service doesn't compare. We tried to book Spa appointments on the Monday and they only had 3 slots the whole week. We ended up going to the Rosewood twice instead since they had the times we wanted. The room service was slow (1h 10 mins was estimate on one occasion, so we decided not to order). Oriente (breakfast restaurant) was outstanding. Friendly staff and great food. After that though, the choices were limited, particularly for dinner. We wanted to eat dinner early since our daughter was with us. There was only one night we could book a table for 6pm (the earliest time available) and on most nights the only choice was Saffron, since Tamarind is for adults only and Sands only opened on certian nights. Most restaurants also didn't have child seats, so we had to wait for one to arrive from another restaurant and they often didn't have trays.
Having said all this, we had a great time out there. Visited Tulum, Sian Ka'an, CrocoCun (good fun, but would NEVER be allowed in UK on health and safety grounds), Cancun & Xcaret. Lots to do, and Mayakoba well positioned for getting around. It's just a shame what should be an outstanding hotel is let down by some of the services. Would I stay there again? Definitely not next time, but I love the area, so we'll be back many times and I wouldn't rule it out forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Destinology, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen