We had a magical stay at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba two weeks before Christmas. We loved the interior design of the villa--the airy, spacious feeling of the high ceilings, the inviting bed, the mere steps it takes from the bed to the garden swimming pool through the sliding doors, the tranquil feeling of the private garden with the gazebo and hammock, and the huge, sunny bathroom with the private outdoor bathtub. The staff at the Banyan Tree were uniformly friendly and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The private beach 15 minutes' walk away was a tranquil place to relax, while we were charmed by the wildlife, including the (I assume resident) crocodile in the river, on the property. The dining was absolutely superb in each of the property's restaurants. My only criticism, and it is a minor one, is that the villa inevitably had a musty, salty smell, which is probably exacerbated by recycled air through the air conditioning system. The smell is particularly acute when we are in the pool with the villa doors open, then you can really smell the mustiness coming out of the villa. However, I don't think you can avoid that in muggy tropic weather, and it was quite humid when we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TravelUp, Destinology, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen