We stayed here the first week of February at a 2 bedroom ocean club villa. Villas are terrific with all the comforts you would expect from a Banyan tree property - having stayed and Phuket and Bintan resorts in the past you'll not be disappointed. The location near the beach was perfect and would not have wanted to be with the main villas as it was quiet and peaceful and a quick walk to get ice, food or beverages from the beach restaurant.
Spa is spectacular. My wife and I enjoyed pamper days. Therapists are from Thailand and Indonesia.
The real miss at this resort is the spotty service and food. The quality of the food is good fresh and cooked property just a little bland and not as inventive I would have expected. Best food was the buffet breakfast (include this in your room) which had a plethora of options fresh fruit, 6 kinds of juice, Mexican options etc. The beach restaurant was also very good but only open for lunch which in my view is a miss as it would have been very nice to dine there at night overlooking the beach and surf.
Thai place as nice but not what I expected from a traditional Thai restaurant, spice as taken down so many notches it was bland.
A few gaps in service requests as we asked for our pool to be adjusted to the right temp which took most to the week to get right.
Overall a very nice resort, need a few tweaks to make it perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Destinology, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen