I was lucky enough to stay for 3 nights at this little piece of Heaven and have only praise for how beautiful it is. We were in a Garden Pool Villa which is the lead in the room type, the rooms are massive and the pool is 35.5 sqm which is much larger than the usual plunge pool you get, each room has a double sun lounger and a day bed which is located in the Garden for some shade. Inside the Villas are decorated to the usual Banyan Tree standards that I have experienced at some of their other locations, simpy beautiful, the bathrooms have stunning ceramic Mayan sinks, you have a walk in closet, a rainfall shower and a lovely outside bath located in a little courtyard with candles all in the walls, very romantic. The bedroom and living space is also gorgeous with really high ceilings giving you a really big space.
We only spent half a day round our own pool, we decided we wanted to explore the Resort and were glad we did. The pool by the beach is in such a pretty location and you get a really nice sea breeze, also Sands restaurant looked amazing. We also spent some time around the Reflections pool, to be honest it didn't matter where we located ourselves we could always find a peaceful spot and a comfy sun lounger, it was also nice that bottled water was supplied although this isn't unusual for a hotel of this standard. The pool Butlers are also always on hand to set your sunbeds up and replenish towells when needed.
Breakfast was at Oriente - anyone that has previously complained about what is included must be very fussy as I have stayed at a lot of high end hotels and the breakfast here was really vast and superb quality. We also sampled food at Saffron and Tamarind and both we of super high quality with great service, yes they were pricey meals but nothing more than we expected for the standard of the hotel and the surroundings, however Saffron did have a set menu which we had and I found to be good value for money.
All in all we had a wonderful time at Banyan Tree and woudn't hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen