The level of service is astounding. The resort is gorgeous and exceptionally well maintained. Travel here as a family and don't hesitate to bring kids. They will love the pools, biking, beach, paddle boards, catamaran, ecotour etc… Or go as a couple too. Every villa is so private that is really makes no difference. Even at it's most crowded (we were there over a weekend with a big wedding), we were treated like royalty. Each day no matter when we got to the beach/pool, we were greeted by someone (Jesus, Catalino) who was waiting to get us to the perfect spot and make sure we were set-up and comfortable. We checked out the Rosewood and the Fairmont while we were there and could not wait to get back to our spot at the Banyantree. We had a three-bedroom Villa on the golf course. We were worried about not being on the beach but in the end we were actually happy that we weren't. We loved the bike ride to and from the beach each day. And everywhere else for that matter. It was quick, easy, fun and good exercise too. The gym was nice, clean and never crowded. The food is expensive. We did not have breakfast included so each morning for a family of 5, breakfast was $200. However, the buffet at Oriente is as good as everyone says. Our kids LOVED it. The green juice is a highlight. Lunch at Sands is good. Dinner at Sands is nothing special. Saffron was good, although I expected much better based on the reviews. Take the free eco tour. We loved it. So relaxing and interesting too. Aaron was so nice and really made it terrific. Take advantage of the paddle boards and the catamaran at the beach. Understand that if you are looking for action, crazy music, loud voices and a party atmosphere, this is NOT the place for you. It is the opposite of an all-inclusive. For the most part, nothing is inclusive but everything is worth it if you have the money to pay and not worry about it. Again, the customer service is the best. REALLY spectacular. We had one situation at dinner at Tamarind when we tried to get in without a reservation. I hesitate to even mention it because I don't want to besmirch this wonderful place based on one less than perfect manager. I think we had gotten so used to hearing "yes" to every request and were so surprised to hear a "no". So just make sure that you book your dinner reservations ahead of time and you will have no problem. Okay, now for one problem. The villa that we were in definitely smelled of mold. Not bad enough to be a problem while we were there but once we got home and opened our suitcases, it was VERY apparent. I can't decide if this is enough to make us not want to go back but If we do return, I will ask for another villa to see if we can get one without the smell. As I have seen a lot of reviews that mention this issue, the Banyan tree really should look into resolving it. It will only get worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen