Do you know the feeling of having been far away from home and returning again? This "haaaah, home again"? We felt exactly this returning to Mayakoba. The welcome at the barrier (really!), the drive though the lush jungle, the imposing view of the mighty entrance of the hotel. And after this getting pampered from beginning to the end.
Compared to my last reviews only few has changed (no wedding party, no noise, thats the way I like it). Great and perfectly clean rooms, great service, cleaning of heated pool every day (many leaves were falling because of very dry weeks). Impeccable service in the restaurants, excellent food, one of the best breakfast buffets in the world. Hefty prices, but...this IS six-star holiday, without any doubt.
Ah yes, one thing: we slept in a soft and most creaky bed. Surely this has to be changed (we had no interest in switching rooms. Better test the mattress before opening your suitcases...)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Preferred Hotels, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Destinology, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen