Having stayed at Banyan Tree hotels and villas in Asia, I was interested to see how the Asian inspired aesthetic would translate in Mexico.
Architecturally, the design elements are a sight to see and marvel at all on their own - blending the terracotta colours of the surrounding country with the lush greenery nestled within its own interesting ecosystem. I especially enjoyed the little boat ride to the beach club. (I believe one can cycle there too). The beach club was lovely and made up for the fact that the hotel is not really on the beach itself. The room itself was huge and lovely with a separate courtyard room to relax in in the early afternoons and after a swim. In typical Banyan tree style, they were immaculately appointed with little touches, like presents on your pillow every evening and lovely scents lit to relax the senses.
The only drawback is that hotel is a ways away from Playa Del Carmen and while there are restaurants within the hotel, we found ourselves cabbing to the city center almost everyday, but then again we were in search of tasty street food and found the restaurant in the villa inadequate in this respect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with seekda GmbH, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen