I'm a bit of a hotel snob, but I was incredibly impressed by the fast, friendly service throughout Banyan Tree Mayakoba. Everyone from the bellmen to the pool cleaners to the "buggy" drivers went out of their way to be helpful, and always did so with a smile. Our golf villa was massive, with a huge rooftop pool and living room/kitchen space. The bedrooms and master bedroom were also large, albeit quite musty. The food throughout the resort was fantastic - especially the breakfast (be sure to ask them about the juice of the day). The beach served the best fish tacos I've ever tasted!
The only negative is the beach itself. The pool/beach combo is clean and well done, and the beach boys were incredibly attentive, but the gigantic sandbags currently in the water (to prevent erosion, perhaps?) really take away from the beauty of the beach. I hope they find a way to solve the problem in a less unsightly manner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen