My wife and I stayed with our 2 year old daughter for 6 nights in a Sanctuary Pool Villa. First off, you should definitely book your trip through a Virtuoso travel agent - we got a free room upgrade, breakfast and other perks; and the price was better than I could find anywhere on the net. On to the stay. The service is what stands out from the minute you step out of your car. Everyone on the property says hello with a smile on their face. The staff should be commended for their high standard of service. My favorites were Ceidi at Oriente Restaurant and the beach staff (Jesus, Cristiano, Luz). Such warm and amazing people.
The room is amazing and was perfect for staying with our daughter. We set up her crib in the room across the way and used a baby monitor to make sure she was ok. The first few days, we had torrential rains and it was great to have the villa pools and hot tub. We got lots of use out of them and they were totally private.
Our favorite meal of the day was definitely breakfast. The buffet is wonderful and has tons to choose from. We were a bit disappointed by Sands for lunch (the pizza is pretty terrible despite the wood stove) but the other Mayakoba lunches weren't much better. I think Rosewood probably has the best lunch - we loved Punta Bonita for dinner. Saffron is a wonderful choice for dinner - unfortunately we didn't get to eat over the water because of the weather.
Overall I would highly recommend Banyan Tree. It is an amazing place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen