Here is the letter that I sent to Mr. Llamas (VP / Area General Manager)
Dear Mr. Llamas,
Simply put: The Banyan Tree Mayakoba was the BEST RESORT VACATION EXPERIENCE KAREN AND I HAVE EVER HAD! I say "Experience" because it wasn't just the upgraded Villa / Accommodations that made our vacation special. It was your staff that "could not do enough" to please us that made this vacation #1! I'm not quite sure how to write this note because I am sure that I will miss important parts of our stay and I could not possibly point out all of the wonderful people that deserve kudos. I assure you that while it may seem impossible, I am not exaggerating one bit about the service we received.
Even prior to our arrival, Yvonne helped me plan all of the arrangements for a "Romantic Intimate Moment" and she made recommendations for dinner, ECO Boat Tour and the Spa. Once we arrived, Myra greeted us and made us feel at home during check in, even giving us a brief tour by boat prior to arriving at our room. Our Villa was exquisite and private with our own swimming pool and hot tub. The Villa itself was magnificent. My wife fell in love with the bathroom and island sinks. We loved both the steam and outside showers / bath. The first night we went for dinner at Tamarind. We met the manager, Christian Roth and told him that we wanted to go upstairs for a drink first. He actually escorted us to the bar. He bent over backwards for us when we returned for dinner. On Saturday we were signed up for the Eco Boat Tour. We actually went to the wrong place for the tour.......we missed it.......until Adrian gave us a private tour. Unreal! No one ever said, that something was too much trouble our entire trip! Adrian gave us the Eco Tour like we were a part of his family. On Saturday evening Yvonne had us set up for dinner at Saffron. We had the "Moonlight Table. It was there that we met Sompong, the manager. I have never met anyone who takes as much pleasure as Sompong does to make other's happy. He made recommendations for dinner and drinks. Initially, I had asked for a dirty martini with stuffed blue cheese olives. I was told that it would be "no problem." However, they would have to go to another restaurant to get the blue cheese and it would take about seven additional minutes. I responded by asking for Sompong for another suggestion. After Karen and I finished our drinks, the waiter came over with 2 new drinks......on the house......YES.....one was my dirty martini with stuffed blue cheese olives. Sompong then told us they he had a surprise for us. The next thing Karen and I knew we had a harp, clarinet and drum player directly in front of us playing THREE romantic songs. As this was happening Sompong Spielberg video tapped the "EXPERIENCE." Oh yes, the food was GREAT TOO! While we were out, Yvonne had our room decorated with rose petals leading up to and into our bed. In addition, the bath was poured with bubbles and salts included. The final touch was the chocolate and honey in covered dishes waiting for us on the tub along with a bottle of champagne.
Like I said, my words can't do your resort justice. I can describe the beautiful restaurants, accommodations, spa, bikes, buggy transportation and their drivers.......but it's the experience.....the Asian / Mexican influence that someone has to witness first hand to fully understand.
On Sunday we had a "In Villa Mexican Barbeque. It was something that once again I have never experienced. Ivan took care of all of the details. In addition to cooking for us, he brought the IPOD out from our room and created atmosphere using both music and his special personality.
Karen and I loved the Rainforest Experience at the Spa. Very relaxing and in a beautiful setting. In addition, I had 2 massages (1 couples massage). Both very relaxing and unique. I particularly liked my Thai Classic Massage given by a therapist from Thailand.
Finally, while I know that the service we received is what Banyan Tree is all about, it's really all a reflection of you because you manage and lead your team. I would be remiss, if I did not give you my ultimate compliment.
I am posting this letter on the Trip Advisor. I want to share our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen