Banyan Tree Mayakoba
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$264
US$235
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$436
US$318
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$450
US$334
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$281
US$689
US$671
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$268
US$235
US$865
US$368
TripAdvisor
US$387
US$344
Melia.com
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
US$195
US$190
US$781
US$585
2,306 results
All reviewsprivate poolrainforest experienceoutdoor bathtubeco toursaffron restaurantsands restaurantin villa diningla coparesort hostreflections poolsanctuary pool villabreakfast buffetvilla bbqbuggy driversbuggy servicegolf cartbeach club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2010

If you ever go to Banayan tree, it is not a vacation...it is an "experience". Everyone on the staff goes out of their way to treat you like a king. My wife and I just went for our anniversary to MAYAKOBA MEXICO, and it is was the most relaxing trip ever.
the hotel staff was the most accomodating, PLEASENT, helpful staff I have ever seen. the gorunds were excellent, spa top notch, and everyone went out of their way to make sure we were happy.
I feel spoiled as I do not know if I can handle anywhere else.
Here's a little taste..... I took off my t-shirt to go jump in the ocean. came back to my chair, and my t-shirt was perfectly folded, with a towel and bottle of water waiting......

I HIGHLY recomend this to anyone traveling to mexico!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdweck
Reviewed 8 February 2010

Many resorts and hotels seek 5 star status. Very few really deserve the rating. A 5 star resort should not just be accomodating and attentive - its needs to be so right that a stay becomes an experience. In every way one could imagine, BTM is well deserving. My wife and I have never been treated like this by a hotel, and we both agree that it doesn't make much sense to look for something better, because it can't be done.

The whole focus of the staff is to make your every movement effortless. No opening doors. No carrrying your plate at morning buffet. No getting a towel. They seem to anticipate your every move - almost one step ahead of you. It makes you feel very respected and valued. After 2 days, the entire staff knows you and your preferences - and nothing is too much to ask. If your favorite morning drink is freshly made carrot, ginger and honey juice - it will reappear the next day. At the pool or the beach, the fun staff are virtually at your beck and call, but they also respect your privacy. Alot of unexpected things like cold towels soaked with mint and tapas served on the beach.

Luxury is also graded on quality, and that is another attribute of this resorrt. The setting is overwhelming. Quality throughout every detail. The finest cuisine. The softest sheets. The best pillows. etc.

Because the Thai atmosphere is so intoxicating, we are now looking at broadening our boundaries and exploring at least one Banyan Tree resort in Asia. One staff member mentioned to us that Banyan Tree Phuket, where the massage threrapists and staff are trained, is an extraordinary resort. He insinuated that it is even more impressive than BTM. We are so there !

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simonandfamily
Banyan_Tree_Mayakoba, Vice President / Area General Manager Mexico at Banyan Tree Mayakoba, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2010

Dear Valued Guest

We thank you immensely for taking the time to share your experience with others and for your gracious comments about our resort, service and associates.

It is very gratifying for the Banyan Tree Mayakoba family to read that we made your stay effortless and you felt very respected and valued by our staff.

Reading through your kind comments assure us that all our efforts have been worthwhile. We humbly work very hard every day to give our guests quality in every detail.

I have been lucky to work in Banyan Tree Phuket and Banyan Tree Mayakoba, both are amazing properties with their own different charms.

I am glad to know your stay with us was enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Mayakoba soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2010

We cannot tell you what paradise we found the Bayan Tree Mayakoba to be. From the stunning architecture, gracious, warm, friendly service, personal care and attention to the villas - everything was as first class as it gets. It would be easy to imagine the celebrities and the most elite of travelers here, as the security and personal service is beyond belief. We loved it - the Spa was amazing (massages from real thai experts), from the little boat to the beach, to the friedly wait staff, to the delicious food, to the bicycles we had to roam around the grounds. My husband and i went for a special bday escape, and the staff surprised us with the most beautiful, romantic touches - chocolate cake, rose-petal/candlelit outdoor bath. In particular our Reception Host, Guadalupe, was like our personal concierge - she made sure everythng was going well for us - just the right amount of help and assistance, all the way. I had a medical incident too, and Guadalupe and the wonderful staff all made sure i was well tended, immediately. I wish we could have stayed longer and we would definitely come back again and stay - absolutely no question. we loved, loved, loved it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skimnyc

Dear Valued Guest

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday and wish to thank you for your gracious comments about our hotel services, facilities and associates.

We are so pleased to know that our staff, which we are very proud of, was always helpful with your requests; especially Guadalupe, who will be overjoyed to know that her genuine care for our guests, is recognized.

We hope you are feeling much better and we look forward having the opportunity to host you again in the near future for other special occasions.

Reviewed 5 February 2010

My family and I decided to travel to Banyan Tree Mayakoba after reading the comments we found in Trip Advisor. We wanted to know that singular place about everyone says beautiful things of and above all, verify that the service there is unbeatable.
I think all the comments I read have been unfair. People there are unrivalled. Every comment you do turns in a mission for them and they pay attention to you every moment. From the moment you arrive and the car door is open, they receive you with a big smile and they know who you are.
The Resort Host offered us a refreshing drink, showed us the lobby and explained to us all the thing we could do during our stay. Thanks a lot Yunita to take care of us with your nice smile and excellent good humor.
We enjoyed a lot the beach, the sun, the swimming pool and all the amenities.
Really is a very recommendable experience. Mi only suggestion is having a familiar environment in the restaurants, we were not able to enjoy the dinners because they did not accept children.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ALABAMA05

Dear Valued Guest

It is very gratifying for the Banyan Tree Mayakoba family to read throughout your comments and realize that your stay with us was pleasant enough to spend your valuable time sharing the experience with others.

Reviewed 31 January 2010

As a big fan of the Banyon tree in Phuket, Thailand it was incredible that the Banyon Tree was able to duplicate a resort with incredible service in Mexico which is not know for great service.
The spa staffed with a staff from Thailand was every bit as good as their well know spa in Thailand except about 18 Hours closer to NY . The villas with their private seluded pools were amazing . And finally their food was really great as well as the great ambiance. I have already rebooked this great resort for a 3 day stay over Valentines day As a well experienced high end traveler i believe that this is truly one of the most comfortable destinations for the high end traveler

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevennj

Dear Valued Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other readers.

Banyan Tree Mayakoba team has made a big effort of making an Asian haven in the Americas. Now there is the choice to enjoy another “Sanctuary for the Senses” just a few hours from New York.

I am glad we have met the expectations of such a well experienced high end traveler like you; and very proud that working humbly and very hard, we can reach one of our goals, which is to make our guests, repeat guests.

I really appreciate your review and it will be an honor for us to welcome you back this weekend for Valentine´s.