“Dan Devlin”
Review of Phantom Divers

Phantom Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: PHANTOM DIVERS is a full service PADI DIVE CENTRE & SNSI DIVE CENTRE located in Playa del Carmen (Riviera Maya) Mexico since 1983. We offer: Scuba Diving Courses & certifications (Open Water, Advace Open Water, Rescue, Dive Master, Specialities), Cavern Diving, SHARK DIVING SPECIALIST, Cozumel diving, Reef Diving, Wreck and Night Diving. Our multilingual local instructors will help you discover the Mexican Caribbean wonders in a safe and fun way. We also offer scuba instruction for children, we welcome all agencies like: PADI, NAUI, SSI, IANTD, TDI. When diving with Phantom Divers, besides having a good time you will also help conservation, since Phantom Divers supports several ONG'S, participating in conservational projects.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Diving with Phantom divers is outstanding the professionalism and friendliest of their dive masters is second to none. I also am an amateur photographer Ramon took the time to give me tips on how to get better pictures. They try to give everyone their best time and adjust the trips according to the divers wishes. I have dove with them for many years and each time I go back the experience is better than the last.Sophia Erica and Diana are great at getting you ready to get out on and under the water. Diving with Mario at the Cenotes is great he is a wealth of information which makes the dives that much more interesting.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Jorge L, Director General at Phantom Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Dan,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, for diving with us again and again and also for being such a nice person to all of us, you are a great diver and it is always a pleasure to have you here. Please say hello to Gui, we miss you guys!

Cheers!

in 17 reviews
"dive package"
"boat captain"

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Phantom Divers are a great company. The communication we had with them even before flying out was great. I had pre booked all my dives and secured them with a deposit via paypal.

I am an experienced diver, but my wife isn't and often get very nervous and has had panic attacks. She had a refresher at phantom divers and was reassured that they would take care of her. She had a staff member with her the entire dive. Next thing I know there was a bull shark, 3 more! This wasn't even the shark dive, just a shallow reef dive! We came out and my wife was buzzing!

We booked the shark feeding dive and again a staff member escorted my wife to the site and made sure she was comfortable. The dive was an experience unlike anything else I've experienced. The sharks were all around us and above us. I had my go pro and managed to get some fantastic pictures. My wife loved it!!

I also did 2 Cenote dives.....you absolutely have to do this!!! If you're not quite sure if it's worth it, believe me it is! Out of this world!

The only down side was the weather. I had booked for a few more dives including a wreck, but as their boat is on the beach harbour it often got called off. If you are not staying in playa del Carmen, then you will have to get a taxi in as they do not pick up, which is the only reason I didn't mark them 5 out of 5.

The staff, and I mean all of them, we're so attentive, friendly and you can tell they love their jobs. Safety was very good the equipment was in great condition, and the changing facilities were also very good. There is also a shop that sells all sorts of diving gear and camera gear too. I broke my go pro pole and was able to buy a replacement part for it! If I go back to Play del Carmen, I will certainly book with Phantom Divers again!

Hello Carlo,

Thank you for your time when writing such a detailed review. We will always pay the deserved attention to customers that let us know they get nervous in order for them to enjoy diving, cause that´s why we are here....to provide great divings! We do love what we do and we´ll always do!

Keep on diving!

Cheers,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were fortunate enough to have time for a personal dive during our recent FAM trip to Mexico. Again, we used Mario from Phantom Divers as our guide for a Dos Ojos Cenotes dive and we weren't let down. Mario is an outstanding guide and provides not only an education about the cenotes but also the area. Thank you Phantom Divers -- see you soon!

Hola Mike!

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our services so much, and specially Mario´s. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon back here diving with us!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

If you are diving for the first time, this is not the right place for you. The coach deals with 2-3 people under water at the same time. The way our coach treat us made you feel like you were supposed to know everything. I got very stressed when I was sinking, and I know this is because I was a beginner and was not used to sinking while you were supposed to be floating if you were not to be geared by those weights. My suggestion for beginners is that either start from diving in freshwater to avoid sickness from drinking too much seawater, or find a place where one on one training is available.

1  Thank MengZa
Jorge L, Director General at Phantom Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hi MengZa,

We are sorry for your bad experience, fortunately or unfortunately weights are necessary to enjoy a nice diving, sometimes we get nervous when we do something for the first time but we hope that everything else besides the sinking experience was good. It´s difficult to have a one on one training unless you ask for it and we can gladly arrange a private session for you.

Thank you for diving with us and we hope you enjoyed your stay at the wonderful Mexican Caribbean.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had a good time going diving with Phantom Divers. It was only my second dive after getting certified about a year before, so I was a little nervous about getting back in the water. Everything went smoothly, but the instructor I was with could have provided me with a little more assistance since it had been close to a year since I last dove and I was feeling a little unsure. But overall, everything was great, and I even got to see a few sea turtles!

Hola Cat,

Thank you for your comment, we will pay attention to what you are mentioning here and talk with our instructors to find out what happened. Congratulations for getting back into the water again, diving is wonderful, for sure you know it! Hope to see you soon!