“Phnatom Divers are solid”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phantom Divers

Phantom Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: PHANTOM DIVERS is a full service PADI DIVE CENTRE located in Playa del Carmen (Riviera Maya) Mexico since 1983. We offer: Scuba Diving Courses, Cavern Diving, SHARK DIVING SPECIALIST, Cozumel diving, Reef Diving, Wreck and Night Diving. Our multilingual local instructors will help you discover the Mexican Caribbean wonders in a safe and fun way. We also offer scuba instruction for children, we welcome all agencies like: PADI, NAUI, SSI, IANTD,TDI. When diving with Phantom Divers, besides having a good time you will also help conservation, since Phantom Divers supports several ONG'S, participating in conservational projects.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Madison, Wisconsin
“Phnatom Divers are solid”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I dove with guides Charlie in the Dos Ojos cenote and off Playa del Carmen with Ramon. Both guides were quite helpful and informative. On the Dos Ojos dives, I was with three other guys. But on the dives off Playa del Carmen, my wife and 13-year-old daughter dove with me and Ramon made sure everyone was comfortable, which was important since this was a drift dive with a fairly strong current. I would definitely dive with Phantom again.

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Jorge L, Director General at Phantom Divers, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Hello Beclark53,

Thank you for your review, Charlie and Ramon appreciate your comments and we all do!

Keep on diving!

Regards,

San Jose, California
“Very safe, professional operation”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a professional operation. Everything is well-structured: they provide a detailed and thorough briefing. They have high safety standards and there was no danger with the deep dive. As it happens when trying to interact with animals in their natural settings, there are no guarantees. They do chum and usually have several bull sharks show up, in my dive a lone timid bull shark showed up and did not get as close as I would have liked.

Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Jorge L, Director General at Phantom Divers, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hello Sea4ourselves!

Thank you very much for your review and for diving with us! Hope to see you soon.

San Francisco, California
“Phantom Diver is Awesome.”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I got my Padi certification with Phantom and they are AWESOME. Charlie who did my pool dive and first open water was amazing and was super informative/helpful without making me feel like an idiot (despite that fact that I definitely looked like one). He and David, who also works at Phantom and came on my first open water diver, were great guides underwater as well as instructors. They pointed out cool wildlife and made the experience unforgettable. Ramon, who did my second day of diving, was also helpful, encouraging, and down to earth. The dives were beautiful and the people were wonderful. I cannot recommend phantom divers highly enough.

Visited February 2014

Hello Christiana,

Congrats! We were very happy to certify you and we look forward to dive with you again!
Thank you very very much for your comments.

Vancouver, Canada
“Dan Devlin”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Diving with Phantom divers is outstanding the professionalism and friendliest of their dive masters is second to none. I also am an amateur photographer Ramon took the time to give me tips on how to get better pictures. They try to give everyone their best time and adjust the trips according to the divers wishes. I have dove with them for many years and each time I go back the experience is better than the last.Sophia Erica and Diana are great at getting you ready to get out on and under the water. Diving with Mario at the Cenotes is great he is a wealth of information which makes the dives that much more interesting.

Visited November 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Jorge L, Director General at Phantom Divers, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Dan,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, for diving with us again and again and also for being such a nice person to all of us, you are a great diver and it is always a pleasure to have you here. Please say hello to Gui, we miss you guys!

Cheers!

The Phantom Diver Team
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Awesome dive company with awesome dives!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Phantom Divers are a great company. The communication we had with them even before flying out was great. I had pre booked all my dives and secured them with a deposit via paypal.

I am an experienced diver, but my wife isn't and often get very nervous and has had panic attacks. She had a refresher at phantom divers and was reassured that they would take care of her. She had a staff member with her the entire dive. Next thing I know there was a bull shark, 3 more! This wasn't even the shark dive, just a shallow reef dive! We came out and my wife was buzzing!

We booked the shark feeding dive and again a staff member escorted my wife to the site and made sure she was comfortable. The dive was an experience unlike anything else I've experienced. The sharks were all around us and above us. I had my go pro and managed to get some fantastic pictures. My wife loved it!!

I also did 2 Cenote dives.....you absolutely have to do this!!! If you're not quite sure if it's worth it, believe me it is! Out of this world!

The only down side was the weather. I had booked for a few more dives including a wreck, but as their boat is on the beach harbour it often got called off. If you are not staying in playa del Carmen, then you will have to get a taxi in as they do not pick up, which is the only reason I didn't mark them 5 out of 5.

The staff, and I mean all of them, we're so attentive, friendly and you can tell they love their jobs. Safety was very good the equipment was in great condition, and the changing facilities were also very good. There is also a shop that sells all sorts of diving gear and camera gear too. I broke my go pro pole and was able to buy a replacement part for it! If I go back to Play del Carmen, I will certainly book with Phantom Divers again!

Visited November 2013

Hello Carlo,

Thank you for your time when writing such a detailed review. We will always pay the deserved attention to customers that let us know they get nervous in order for them to enjoy diving, cause that´s why we are here....to provide great divings! We do love what we do and we´ll always do!

Keep on diving!