“Night Diving in Cozumel”
Review of Phantom Divers

Phantom Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: PHANTOM DIVERS is a full service PADI DIVE CENTRE located in Playa del Carmen (Riviera Maya) Mexico since 1983. We offer: Scuba Diving Courses, Cavern Diving, SHARK DIVING SPECIALIST, Cozumel diving, Reef Diving, Wreck and Night Diving. Our multilingual local instructors will help you discover the Mexican Caribbean wonders in a safe and fun way. We also offer scuba instruction for children, we welcome all agencies like: PADI, NAUI, SSI, IANTD,TDI. When diving with Phantom Divers, besides having a good time you will also help conservation, since Phantom Divers supports several ONG'S, participating in conservational projects.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Night Diving in Cozumel”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The shop is very professional and trustworthy. My son did five dives with them and I did one night dive and their equipment was in good shape, their shop although small was clean and efficient. I was comfortable leaving my son in their capable hands.
Our night dive started off with dolphins on the surface, then once below we saw seahorse, cowfish, crab, moray eel (three different ones - one hugh), lots of fish schools - it was quite interesting being under the water at night. Ramon our guide was helpful.

Visited March 2014
Jorge L, Director General at Phantom Divers, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hola Foodi-Pal!

That sounds like a wonderful experience with dolphins and seahorses and all you saw! Thank you for your trust and your review!

Come back soon!

Regards!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Super Fun”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I got our certification at Phantom and it was awesome! We mostly dove with Ramon who is incredibly patient and knowledgable! All of the guides were very fun, safety oriented, and knew a lot about the wildlife in the reefs! I highly recommend Phantom Divers for a personalized dive experience!

Jorge L, Director General at Phantom Divers, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hola Shann24!

First of all congratulations for getting certified! and thank you very much for doing it here at Phantom Divers, we are glad that you had such a great experience.

Come back soon!

Cheers!
White Plains, New York
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Fantastic Diving”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The team here is great. The book process was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. Ramon the Dive master was great at pointing things out as we dived a wreck and along the reefs. And most importantly, he was very patient as I stopped frequently to take pictures.

The interval was good. The captain found a calm area and we spent time relaxing.

Post-dive: There is a locker room above the dive shop. The room contained a large area where you could wash your gear and hang up for drying.

Next time I'm in Playa, I would definitely dive this company again.

Visited February 2014
Jorge L, Director General at Phantom Divers, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Hola djhenryhall!

Thank you very much for your nice review. If you are happy, we are happy! See you soon for more great divings!

Regards,

Madison, Wisconsin
“Phnatom Divers are solid”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I dove with guides Charlie in the Dos Ojos cenote and off Playa del Carmen with Ramon. Both guides were quite helpful and informative. On the Dos Ojos dives, I was with three other guys. But on the dives off Playa del Carmen, my wife and 13-year-old daughter dove with me and Ramon made sure everyone was comfortable, which was important since this was a drift dive with a fairly strong current. I would definitely dive with Phantom again.

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hello Beclark53,

Thank you for your review, Charlie and Ramon appreciate your comments and we all do!

Keep on diving!

Regards,

San Jose, California
“Very safe, professional operation”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a professional operation. Everything is well-structured: they provide a detailed and thorough briefing. They have high safety standards and there was no danger with the deep dive. As it happens when trying to interact with animals in their natural settings, there are no guarantees. They do chum and usually have several bull sharks show up, in my dive a lone timid bull shark showed up and did not get as close as I would have liked.

Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Jorge L, Director General at Phantom Divers, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Hello Sea4ourselves!

Thank you very much for your review and for diving with us! Hope to see you soon.

Cheers,