“The Snorkel Shop trip 5/10/14” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Snorkel Shop

The Snorkel Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkeling and Diving tours, Cenote tour and/or Ocean tours. Sea Turtle tours. Pictures included on all of our tours. Equipment provided on all our tours. Great customer service, friendly staff. Reasonable prices. Small Groups, Max.10. We can accommodate larger groups from one booking.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New Braunfels, Texas
“The Snorkel Shop trip 5/10/14”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We booked the Northern surf n Turf trip for 5/10 9am, Alex was ready and waiting us Saturday morning, Unfortunately en-route to out first snorkel location we found out the port was closed due to high winds. Alex was straight on the phone to make other arrangements for us. Our alternate location was the lagoon in Akumal, it was great!! We snorkeled there before heading to the cenote in Chak-Tun which was also a great experience. En-route to the cenote we asked Alex if we could eat a a local restaurant for lunch, he took us to La Floresta. Great food!! We had a great experience all round. Thank you Alex and the Snorkel Shop. Martin R.

Visited May 2014
TheSnorkelShop, Owner at The Snorkel Shop, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Martin, Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I am so glad you enjoyed your tour with us even though we had to change the tour due to bad weather. We always check ahead of time, but on that day, they closed the park at the last minute. Once again, I am glad the tour worked out for you and thank you for your kind words.

Groningen, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Super fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Snorkeling was super fun!! Would recommend this place, the pictures I received of the trip turned out awesome!! Very high quality and a great souvenir. Thanks for the fun experience!!

TheSnorkelShop, Owner at The Snorkel Shop, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Anouk D, I am so glad you were happy with you photos and had a great time. Thank you so much for your endorsement and Super fun title.
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great snorkel tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Our group of 6 went on the Gran Arrecife Maya snorkel tour and had the best time. These guys are accommodating, professional and aim to please. I would not hesitate to take any of their tours. They made sure we had a great time!

Visited April 2014
TheSnorkelShop, Owner at The Snorkel Shop, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Happytraveler35, Thank you for your kind words. I am very hap your group had a great time. I guess we have another happy traveler :-) . We all certainly hope you come on all of our tours as Whale shark season is about to begin. Thank you once again,
Denver, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Although the seas didn't cooperate with us snorkeling with the Tortugas as we had planned, our Tour Guide Alex ensured that our trip was fantastic. Overall, this is a good place to plan a snorkel or cenote tour. I've used several tour companies in Playa over the years and this one is especially good at capturing your day with photos and providing you a CD of the photos upon the completion of your tour. It is pretty nice to just go and enjoy the day and have a tour guide who not only ensures your tour is great, but also photographs the entire event for you... gives you time to enjoy the tour without having to also take photos..... Of the 196 photos that Alex took, almost all of them came out fantastic with his little underwater camera. Two thumbs up for this tour company.... the price is very reasonable and with the added CD of photos... it's a very good value!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kpease45
TheSnorkelShop, Owner at The Snorkel Shop, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Kpease45, I am so glad to hear your pictures worked out for you. Alex seems to keep wowing the guests which makes me happy and the guests too. Hopefully next time we will be able to take you to see the Turtles as it was too rough to go out that day. I really like to hear from senior contributors especially with happy tidings. Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you next time.
St.John's n
“Who knew u could snorkel without knowing how to swim!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

BTJ!!! Whadda time!! Hate the water & I don't know how to swim. Went snorkelling because my daughter wanted to go & I'm glad I did. Had a great time will definitely do it again.

TheSnorkelShop, Owner at The Snorkel Shop, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Tbdwyr, Absolutely thrilled you enjoyed your tour with us! Thank you for your review. It amazes me how many non-swimmers we get and they brave their snorkeling experience with us. Just a note, when booking your tour please let us know what level of swimmer you are, so we can take appropriate measures to ensure everyone has a good time. As Tbdwyr did. Thanks again.