Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sims8
Vancouver, Canada

Such a unique experience!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Apr 2018via mobile
I visited Hotel Xcaret with my husband and 4 year old son from March 25 – April 3.

We booked Garden View room and emailed the hotel 2 weeks in advance to request something quiet and on the 5th flr. We were very lucky to have Viviana from the hotel email us back and help us arrange the airport shuttle, Xin Gao reservation and she said she would try her best to accommodate our room request.

We arrived to find out we were placed in Casa Tierra with a wonderful quiet view of the jungle and partial ocean view! It was perfect. Viviana even emailed us the next day to ask if we were happy with the room. I was able to meet her and she was so lovely and happy to help with anything we needed. She genuinely wanted to ensure we enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

I have stayed in many all-inclusive resorts and would always find myself getting a bit bored by the same trek to the pool or beach or buffet. But the multiple pools, suspension bridges, lagoons, the beach and then access to the parks made every day feel different and we were not ready to leave. We tried all the restaurants, including the Cave buffet that can be hard (but fun!) to find. We just didn’t try the dinner theatre. We were really happy with the food and service. I’ve never enjoyed steak at all-inclusives before like at this place. And the same can be said with the sushi. I’m from Vancouver where we have some of the best sushi and we weren’t disappointed with Xin Gao. (I can’t believe I’m even writing that!).

The buffet selection is smaller as some have said, but I personally prefer that. The quality is just so much better than the trough-like buffets at other resorts. Other resorts try to change things up by having “Italian Night”, “Asian Night” etc., but then never do those themes justice.

It’s true that Hotel Xcaret does not have a lot of entertainment, but we also preferred the more chill vibe. No annoying, loud pounding music at the pool. Instead all pool areas had tasteful Mexican or Classical music playing in the background.

There would be convenient carts set up throughout the day near the main infinity pool with fresh fruit, juice, or coffee and cookies in the lobby. Sometimes they would serve peel & eat shrimp.

The lagoons were wonderful for kids given how calm the water is and the hotel created them to have a shallow section that is perfect for little kids given the open ocean can be rough at times. Although there are no loungers right on the beach, the hotel still provides drink service. I was so pleasantly surprised to see servers trekking along the beach taking orders.

The hotel is spotless, and I barely saw any bugs. There is no food service at the pool, so you do have to get up and go to a restaurant for lunch. Would recommend bringing some Tupperware to bring back food to your pool chair if you want. But by not having food service at the pool is does help to keep the place clean and the bugs and birds away.

Other great conveniences included the wrist band that was your key to the room, life jackets of all sizes for the lagoon and kids pool. And no towel cards. Carts with towels were available at all water areas. It made it so easy to move from one pool/lagoon to another.

I typically don’t like to visit the same place twice, but I would definitely visit this place again. Especially given the convenient access to the various parks that are included for day trips. Unfortunately I’m not sure if we’ll be able to afford this place next year as the prices look like they are almost double, but I will be checking! Amazing service, food and design. I feel so lucky to have been able to experience the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel_Xcaret_Mexico, Director General at Hotel Xcaret México, responded to this review
Responded 8 Apr 2018
Dear Sims8,

Kindly accept our gratitude for the charming review that you have shared on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at Hotel Xcaret México.

Your kind words left nothing to the imagination. For sure, prospective guests who read your comments will be enticed to experience the same level of service that Viviana offered and entertainment and food which you enjoyed during your holiday in las Cuevas and Xin Gao.

May the wonderful memories of your stay entice you to return for another splendid holiday.

Kind regards,

• Official website
    £195
7.6 miles from Hotel Xcaret México
£311
Enroll free for lower prices
  • Expedia.com
    £615
14.0 miles from Hotel Xcaret México
View more hotels in Playa del Carmen
13,215 results
All reviews las cuevas la cantina photo package xenotes tour river view rooftop pool guest service manager dinner show zip lining kids pool taco amazing resort the check in process our honeymoon all inclusive resort main pool make reservations
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

pros..Food was great!! lots of options for my children as well! Resort was beautiful...its even more beautiful at night. everyone was nice and friendly. Xcaret park was awesome!! Cons and they were minimal to me...the children had to use the tub the water pressure was low and the tub was huge and tv channels for children were in spanish other than that we had a blast and would highly recommend this resort.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank heatherorange
Hotel_Xcaret_Mexico, Director General at Hotel Xcaret Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Heather H,

Thank you for the lovely review about Hotel Xcaret Mexico that you have shared on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to note that you were impressed by our colleagues' delivery of service during your visit. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration for us to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced.

We will be looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back soon

Warmly,

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We picked this hotel for our destination wedding even before it opened and we still had amazing service through out all the planning. The wedding department/group were amazing. Paula, Glenda and Christhian they went above and beyond throughout the whole process. I don't even know where to start!!! The resort is amazing just perfect!!! The parks are so much fun and 6 days was not enough to do everything the resort has to offer!! The staff is unbelievable, I cant tell everyone how amazing and dream like our wedding turned out. The restaurant Las Cuevitas is where we had our wedding dinner and the staff also went above and beyond to make our special day amazing. Everything is just perfect and the food in every restaurant is so great!! We loved the writs bands and bought the picture packages which we thought was a great deal. All their bus transportation are so convenient and just great quality buses. We where picked up at the airport by a beautiful bus that had screen, bathroom usb to charge your phone on the seats, top notch!!! You will not regret your stay or the money because they offer so much, we always felt safe throughout the resort and all the parks we went to. We are planning our next trip so that we can experience the rest of the parks that we didn't get to do while we where there for our 6 day wedding destination.

Room tip: We stayed at the wind house and the rooms were perfect, we couldn't tell it's the cheaper house.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lizbeth M,

It is with great pleasure that we read of your visit to Hotel Xcaret México and we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us, from your pre-arrival contact through every detail and service throughout your stay which made you feel nothing less than royalty!

We strive to deliver perfection to each and every guest and it is a pleasure to hear that our efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Rest assured we will share your kind words with the team who would be delighted to learn that you plan to return specialy with Paula, Glenda and Christian.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon to your new home at the Mayan Riviera.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

even though we stayed for 8 days during the busiest time, holy week, we loved every minute. l the descriptions are true, just want to add: if you can, go for an ocean front room...exquisite, butler rooftop pool, exclusive restaurant Fuego.
Went to several parks, loved the tour to Chichen Itza, had a massage in their excellent spa...
truly the only negative comment I have for the
hotel: please do not pounce on guests as they arrive to get them to attend a presentation of your loyalty program, it cheapens your hotel, you don't need this! it lessens and distracts from an otherwise beautiful first impression. we barely got the cold towel and refreshing icicle when we were whisked away, Paola never gave us the chance to even use a bathroom or properly register. Because of that we never got the info packet and had to find the Spa or the yoga
classes by accident.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rudymama

Dear Rudymama,

Thank you very much fort taking the time to leave us a review of your experience, and for noting the aspects of your stay, both positive and the ones that need improvement.

We truly value all guest feedback, and first of all we wish to acknowledge your wonderful and very kind comments about our team. Especially so, with regards to their thoughtful touches such as the service provided by your butler, your amazing room and the food from Fuego.

Thank you so also recognizing our service standards. We take great pride on our training, and for ensuring that our guests feel very much “at home” with us. We are very pleased that we could achieve this for you.

Please also be assured that we have taken your feedback with regards to our loyalty program and wish to further apologize for the experience with our staff. This is very unusual for the team member mentioned, who is one of our stars.

Be assured that we will monitor this standard over the coming days. With our hopes that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future in our unique resort, and with thanks for your care and attention in leaving us a great and helpful review.

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We have been home 2 weeks now, back on the Canadian Prairies where Spring 2018 has stalled and we have below average temperatures. Yes, still below 0 C. (insert sad face).
This was our 7th visit to the Maya Riviera, having stayed at the Bahia Principe 4 times, thinking it would be hard to surpass Sian Ka'an. I was mistaken!
All the reviews you read here will tell you how beautiful the resort is, and no one is exaggerating. It is truly stunning. I emailed guest services and received a prompt and courteous reply from Linda Pianta. She made sure we were on the transportation bus from the airport (as well as the return) and made our reservations for 2 excursions - one to Xel-Ha and the other on the Xenote Oasis tours. We were pleasantly surprised to meet her upon check out where she escorted us to our room, showed us the features and amenities, and ensured our luggage would be delivered. Thank you Linda!
As noted, we have been to the area a number of times, and when I say, "Been there; Done that; Got the TShirt" , I'm not kidding! Still, we revisited a number of attractions for the 2nd time: Xel-Ha, Xplor (did Fuego this time); and Xcaret park. The Xenote tour was so much fun; and I'd like to mention Ruben our guide as being attentive, funny and entertaining. Thank you Ruben! We also went to Xenses and were pleasantly surprised. I will just say the topsy-turvy village I nick-named Mind-**** (rhymes with duck). Almost knocked me off my feet and I couldn't stop laughing!!
I do have a tip for tipping (ha ha)... I know most people will tip their server or bartender, wait staff and housecleaning; but we also made sure to throw a dollar bill in the mini-fridge for the person who stocked it every day, only because they are not the same as the housekeeping staff. We ran into our turn-down service person and gave her something; I think now I should have left her more.
We did experience the odd weird thing in our room; the TV came on in the middle of the night once, as well as the lights in the room. The TV would also be on when we returned to our room in the evening, even though we know it was off when we left. Oh well. Haunted? Or just catching the signal from a neighboring room.
Our only regret is running out of time. We really only spent one full day at the resort, going off to the other attractions every day. We missed out on the Xin-Gao restaurant as it was closed for a few days; had we known, we would have gone earlier in the week when it was open. No biggie; maybe next time.
We had a garden-view room in Casa Aqua (adults only) that faced towards Xcaret; so no fancy river or or ocean views for us. Our balcony did have the afternoon sun, which was nice; and it had the large 2 person tub that sadly we never used. Again, maybe next time.
And so, the obsession begins: How and When can we return?? !! I think of you often, Hotel Xcaret Mexico. See you in my dreams!!

Room tip: Email the resort about 2 weeks before arrival
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marlene S
Hotel_Xcaret_Mexico, Director General at Hotel Xcaret Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Marlene S,

What a great five-star review to read, we are absolutely thrilled that your All Fun Inclusive experience was just wonderful. We certainly appreciate receiving your comments that the service afforded to you during your stay was the best you have ever experienced in México! Indeed, a great endorsement of our commitment to provide exemplary service to each and every guest.

We will be sure to share your most kind remarks with our Guest Service manager Linda which will be delighted to hear your about your delightful review.

Thank you once again for your glowing review and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to to Hotel Xcaret México.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 7 April 2018

we just returned from our vacation to Hotel Xcaret. We loved it so much the first day, we extended our stay another day and 1/2. This resort is truly amazing. Everywhere you look is beautiful. It took us 2 full days to really see the whole resort, there is an adventure at every corner. Cable bridges, natural rivers, the Caribbean ocean, the pools, restaurants...I think there are still things we never found. At first, the lack of signs irritated me, but then you realize you have to wander and look around and you see so much more. The all inclusive parks are just as amazing as the resort. It really is Mexico's Disney! We had 2 rooms that were outstanding. The food was great. The best part is the people. There was never a resort employee that passed without a friendly smile and hello. They all went above and beyond to please. Go explore and find the hidden bars! I honestly can not say enough about this resort. We took our 3 teenage girls and they were over the moon. You will not be disappointed. This far exceeds any all inclusive we have stayed at. Book enough time! You will want to do it all!!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Heath H

Dear Heath H,

Now that is fantastic five-star review to read! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us, we are thrilled to learn that you experienced the true Mexican hospitality during your stay. With any arrival experience, regardless of the establishment, it certainly sets the tone of what to expect during your visit and a warm and friendly welcome by our staff is of paramount importance.

Thank you once again to share your appreciation and great comments we very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Xcaret México in the not too distant future.