“Just perfect!!”
Review of Hotel Colorado

Hotel Colorado
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Definitely one if not the best hostal on our Centralamerica journey. Rooms are clean, big and might even have an own kitchen. The staff is super friendly and it's location is also brilliant.
I'd recommend this hostal to everyone !!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank galaktiko22

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

After a few weeks of proper hosteling we thought we'd book 3 nights in a budget hotel to relax in Playa Del Carmen. We found this place and booked an air conditioned room.
There was a mix up in their system and it booked 1 of the nights in an air conditioned room with kitchenette so we were given the kitchenette room for the whole stay at no extra charge.
We loved it so much we ended up extending for another 2 nights and June (manager/owner) only charged us the lower rate because she is awesome
Walmart is only 3 blocks away which made home cooking and drinking nice and easy. The hot tip is getting a small foldable cooler, getting a 'chica' bag of ice from the mini-mart over the road and hitting the beach with a 6 pack - holiday win

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luke H
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I was with my sister at hotel Colorado for 6 days. The owners were very kind and friendly with us. It is located 5 minutes from the most important places such as ADO terminal, tour agencies, Walmart, beaches, ferry terminal,.. Our room was cleaned every day and we also had clean towels. It's a great place to stay and the price was cheap compared with other places with same location. I highly recommend you this hotel and if I decided to go back to playa del Carmen I surely will stay again there.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Jenny C
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is my 3rd time staying here and it was just as wonderful as the other times. I stayed two weeks this time and loved it. I actually arrived a day earlier than expected and they were very friendly and happy to find me a room. My room had 2 double beds, a fridge, small dining table and chairs, A/C and a very clean bathroom. The wifi was excellent in my room and the rooms are cleaned every day! The owners are so friendly and know heaps about the area so if you ever need tips, don't hesitate to ask. Right on 4th street, just a few blocks to the beach. You can be at the beach in 5 minutes. All the colors of the hotel are quite bright and pretty and very Mexican! The gate at the front is very secure and the area around the hotel is super safe. I'd totally recommend this place and will definitely be back at some point! - Jessica, New York :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Caligirl500
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The owners were very friendly when I reached to the hotel. They always kept their eyes on the gate to see who all come in to the hotel. Certainly it made the quests feel very secure. I got a double bed room with ac, including a small dinning table and refrigerator. The room itself is spacious for two. Everything in the room was fine and bathroom was very clean as well. However the air condition was EXTREMELY noisy. So, make sure u buy a pair of earplugs from closeby pharmacy which only cost u about 40 pesos.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Danny H
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

What a great hostel! Just a few blocks from busy 5th ave and the beach and still quiet and relaxing! We had a great (large) room with kitchen, fridge and bathroom. Owners are lovely and very helpful and there is a gate at the front which you need a key to get in which makes you feel secure. Highly recommend this great little hostel, especially for the unbeatable price!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chloeescott
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on april 29 2014. We were the oldest people , there were mostly young travellers from all over the world . they were friendly and very quiet and considerate of others. The room was spotless and very comfortable. we would recommend this quaint hotel to other retired travellers wanting a clean quiet friendly, well located hotel.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms better if you have heavy luggage