This hotel has a great location and the room/common area was clean. It was also quiet at night, which is a huge bonus since it's on the main street. The WiFi was slow, but it worked.
1. There seemed to be a towel shortage every day. There weren't any towels in the room when we arrived, and one day the cleaning service took our hanging towels and did not replace them.
2. There were about 20 mosquitos in our room when we arrived. (Luckily more did not appear after we killed them!)
3. Our "king" size bed was actually two double beds pushed together.
4. There is a lot of confusion with the beach club access. We were told we could use the sister property's beach club (another hotel by Encanto that was on the beach) as well as Wicky's beach club (100 pesos per chair). We didn't have issues with Wicky's, but the security guards at the Encanto beach club kept asking us to leave and did not understand that our hotel was part of the same group. The manager of the Encanto hotel with the beach club understood and let us stay, but it was a hassle to re-explain this to the security guard each day.
Overall, you get what you pay for with this hotel and as long as you go in with low expectations, you will have a great time (as we did)!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Azul Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen