“Awesome 4 Hours of Fishing”

Captain Edy Pena Fishing & Snorkling
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishing and Snorkeling Tours
Detroit, Michigan
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Awesome 4 Hours of Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked Captain Edy and his crew the week before my trip to Playa del Carmen. I originally booked him for a 4 hour fishing and snorkel trip and Captain Edy met us right where he told us he'd be. We didn't do anything in the first hour so Captain Edy took us to his hot spot where we had a good sized barracuda on in about 10 minutes. We kept trolling and Captain Edy could tell my wife wasn't very happy so he suggested we go swim with the turtles. My wife wasn't feeling up to it as she was a bit seasick so we continued to fish. My brother wanted to try some more deep sea fishing so Captain Edy obliged. My wife started to feel worse so we were going to cut our trip short only to have a fish on as the last line was being reeled in. Ended up ym brother caught a Wahoo which Captain Edy and crew were ecstatic about. They said they make great steaks and only catch them about once a month. We enjoyed every minute with Captain Edy and recommend him to everyone thinking about going out for a fishing trip. We all felt safe and the price was awesome! Thanks again Captain Edy! We did get to eat the Wahoo and Barracuda for lunch after our trip about $7/person. The food was amazing...just note the Margaritas are pricey but very good.

Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“By far the best fishing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Capt Edy and crew were outstanding. We had our first sailfish on within 5 min of having the spread out. Although we didn't get it in the boat, the 2nd bite was within 20 min of releasing the first sailfish.

After this the wind died down and the bite stopped, so Capt Edy took us to shallower water over the reef for snapper, grouper and barracuda. We caught 6 barracuda and the wind picked back up so we returned to the deep water troll.

We hooked up on a big sailfish and after a 30-40 min fight, had him in the boat just long enough for pictures.

These guys are the best at what they do. Capt Edy can read the wind and tides like a professor.

Grand Junction, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Affordable, Friendly FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were lucky enough to find Edy through the fishing Co-op he works with. Vivian set the trip up for myself, my 18 year old daughter and her two 18 year old friends while we were on vacation in Playa del Carmen. We did a 4 hour trip that left at 7 AM and landed two nice Sailfish. Edy, Adrian and Daniel were friendly, courteous and entertaining. This was the first time any of the four of us had ever caught anything Deep Sea Fishing.

Calgary
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great fishing and the price is right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Booked a 4 hr fishing trip with Edy and I have only good things to say. Edy and his crew were friendly and had waters, beers, and juices cold and ready for us.

We caught a massive Barracuda (about 40 lbs) and another one about 20 lbs. Also had a marlin going for a while but the bugger spit the hook.

Edy set us up with a little beach cafe where they made us fresh ceviche and grilled 'Cuda, which was actually really delicious.

All in all I'd recommend going with him.

Visited May 2014
Palm City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day of fishing with Captain Edy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I were lucky to be able to book a 4 hour trip with Captain Edy Pena on short notice on May 7, 2014. The boat was clean and well maintained, the equipment was top notch and the bait was fresh and plentiful. Plenty of water, soda and beer on hand. Captain Edy is a real professional fisherman and his mate, Adrian, was very pleasant and hard-working. They did all they could to insure a safe and productive trip at a very reasonable price. My wife caught a 16 pound barracuda which we were able to bring back to the beach and Captain Edy had it cleaned, fileted, and served to us for lunch on the beach at a little outdoor restaurant. What a great way to end a great morning of fishing. We highly recommend Captain Edy!

Visited May 2014