“Best Captain Ever!”

Captain Edy Pena Fishing & Snorkling
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishing and Snorkeling Tours
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We planned a last minute fishing trip with Edy and it was awesome! He welcomed us as soon as we approached the dock and we were taken care of for the next six hours! We had two teenage girls with us and we were worried about them being on the boat for so long. Edy and Jesus made sure they were covered in the shade, gave them a life jacket for a pillow (because they did fall asleep being that they are teenagers!) and they had plenty of drinks and great music! The boat was the cleanest fishing boat I had ever been on and fast with two engines! There were several lines in the water at all times with fresh bait and we fished both shallow waters and deep. We took a break and they took us to snorkel with the sea turtles too! We caught three barracudas and Edy knew exactly where to go once we were done so to cook us up a great lunch! We had Michael waiting for us on the beach and they served us great margaritas and cooked up the fish three ways! They day could not have gone better! We will definitely fish with Edy again! Good for families or the die hard fisherman.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked a 4-hour fishing trip with Edy on July 21st through another fishing outfit that could not accommodate us. It was me, my wife and 2 kids (11 and 15 yrs. old). Overall, I highly recommend booking a trip with Edy. He and his mate (Jesus) will try their best to get you your catch of a lifetime. They will try different techniques, lures, bait and even explore some of his previously proven hot spots. Sadly to say, we did not catch the big one and definitely not for the lack of trying. However, we did come back with a few good eating fish caught by bottom fishing, rather than trolling. We trolled for about 3 hours trying various ways as mentioned above. We had a few bites as we lost some bait but none were hooked to even give us even a little fight. At the end of the 3 hours, Edy got us to do some bottom fishing and that’s when we started catching some grouper, trigger fish, grunt fish and others. Edy just refused to have us go back empty handed. After bottom fishing, Edy took us to do some snorkeling. The fish were plentiful with a lot of colourful coral reefs; my son even got to see a big turtle. When we got back on land, Edy offered if we wanted to have our catch for lunch so that is what we did. Edy gutted, scaled and filleted the fish in front of us. He grilled and fried the different fish; to eat on its own and to make fish tacos. Our meal couldn’t be any fresher and were all very nicely done and delicious. All in all, my family had a great time. Edy was very personable, hospitable and will go out of his way to give you a great memorable experience. Because Edy did not have another booking for the second half of the day, he offered to do more fishing and snorkeling at our discretion but after about 5 hours at sea, we were exhausted. Edy did not charge extra for going past the planned 4 hours nor did he expect extra from us. Edy is a great guy! Please don’t forget to tip him well. Thanks for the good day Edy!
Tip: Wear a hat and wear lots of sunscreen as Edy’s boat does not have a big covering or tarp you can shelter under. Edy has lots of refreshments on board (water, soda and beer) to keep everyone hydrated during the trip. These are all included, as well as snorkeling gear with life jackets if necessary.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Captain Edy was great, my wife and I really enjoyed our fishing trip. We ended up catching to Barracuda's and had a couple others on that got off. After the trip we went to a nice little place by the beach that cooked up our fish and it was amazing. Thanks again Edy and we will see you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My sister and I took our three teenage sons for a day of fishing. Edy and his First Mate were engaging with our boys and showed them a fun time. I went and brought my 10-year old daughter, and the highlight for us was the snorkeling. We had a beautiful tour of the reef, and had fun playing with a sea turtle that kept swimming up to us, and around.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked Captain Edy and his crew the week before my trip to Playa del Carmen. I originally booked him for a 4 hour fishing and snorkel trip and Captain Edy met us right where he told us he'd be. We didn't do anything in the first hour so Captain Edy took us to his hot spot where we had a good sized barracuda on in about 10 minutes. We kept trolling and Captain Edy could tell my wife wasn't very happy so he suggested we go swim with the turtles. My wife wasn't feeling up to it as she was a bit seasick so we continued to fish. My brother wanted to try some more deep sea fishing so Captain Edy obliged. My wife started to feel worse so we were going to cut our trip short only to have a fish on as the last line was being reeled in. Ended up ym brother caught a Wahoo which Captain Edy and crew were ecstatic about. They said they make great steaks and only catch them about once a month. We enjoyed every minute with Captain Edy and recommend him to everyone thinking about going out for a fishing trip. We all felt safe and the price was awesome! Thanks again Captain Edy! We did get to eat the Wahoo and Barracuda for lunch after our trip about $7/person. The food was amazing...just note the Margaritas are pricey but very good.