The hotel consist of spaceous condos, and ours was really nice. Its fully equipped, daily maid service etc. We had a Penthouse and the roof was great with a spectacular view, bbq grill, jacuzzi etc. Just a 1 minute walk to the nice gym, and a 3 minutes walk to the beach. The photos from their website is very accurate. The pool is not too nice, its very small. The grill was covered with aluminium foile, and they told us not to take it off when griling. This was actualy very dangerous, because when liting it, the gas almost blew up in our face! Be aware off this and do not use it if all covered in aluminium foile, especially if children are around. It did rain a lot while we were there, and we had a leek from the roof in one of the bathrooms. We reported it and they tried to fix it by putting towels somewhere up there. Of course it didnt help, we reported it again, and they said they couldent fix it. We was promised another condo, and hours later the same night I went to the reseption too see what was going on. Seemed like they were not doing so much to sort it out, but after a while I was offered a condo in the Porto Playa complex. i asked to see the condo before moving, and it turned out, like I thought, it did not at all have the same view as the one we already had. The receptionist tried to chitchat and cut me off with that condo, but I said it was not acceptable. I found him to be quite arrogant, but After some discussion he apologized and said he could not do anything because the managers were on vacation and that he could get fired for giving us a new condo. I find it hard to believe all this, but I decided to wait until next morning (this was a sunday) and talk to the other receptionist. I asked for free WIFI as a compensation for the trouble and he agreed and gave me free acsess for the rest of our stay. Next morning I called the reception and talked to the woman this time, she was very helpful, instantley got us settled in a new Condo in El Taj, wich was an upgrade. She had people helping us move and get settled in the new condo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen