Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club
US$265
US$229
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$320
US$310
US$605
US$589
US$320
US$301
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$442
US$286
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$344
Agoda.com
US$806
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,434
US$940
Hotels.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$564
US$415
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
US$211
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubel tajimprevist restaurantfull kitchenrooftop deckhour securitythe penthouseliving roomboth bedroomsgreat gymsecond bedroomwater cooleran ideal locationfishing boatsbreakfast includedquinta avenidarestaurants and shopping
Reviewed 13 July 2011

The hotel consist of spaceous condos, and ours was really nice. Its fully equipped, daily maid service etc. We had a Penthouse and the roof was great with a spectacular view, bbq grill, jacuzzi etc. Just a 1 minute walk to the nice gym, and a 3 minutes walk to the beach. The photos from their website is very accurate. The pool is not too nice, its very small. The grill was covered with aluminium foile, and they told us not to take it off when griling. This was actualy very dangerous, because when liting it, the gas almost blew up in our face! Be aware off this and do not use it if all covered in aluminium foile, especially if children are around. It did rain a lot while we were there, and we had a leek from the roof in one of the bathrooms. We reported it and they tried to fix it by putting towels somewhere up there. Of course it didnt help, we reported it again, and they said they couldent fix it. We was promised another condo, and hours later the same night I went to the reseption too see what was going on. Seemed like they were not doing so much to sort it out, but after a while I was offered a condo in the Porto Playa complex. i asked to see the condo before moving, and it turned out, like I thought, it did not at all have the same view as the one we already had. The receptionist tried to chitchat and cut me off with that condo, but I said it was not acceptable. I found him to be quite arrogant, but After some discussion he apologized and said he could not do anything because the managers were on vacation and that he could get fired for giving us a new condo. I find it hard to believe all this, but I decided to wait until next morning (this was a sunday) and talk to the other receptionist. I asked for free WIFI as a compensation for the trouble and he agreed and gave me free acsess for the rest of our stay. Next morning I called the reception and talked to the woman this time, she was very helpful, instantley got us settled in a new Condo in El Taj, wich was an upgrade. She had people helping us move and get settled in the new condo.

2  Thank Hildent
Reviewed 6 July 2011

In February my son got married in Playa del Carmen and family and friends stayed at El Taj, Porto Playa and Villa Maya. We were so impressed with the room product, service, and the friendliness of the employees that when we decided to return to Playa del Carmen with avoided the usual main branded hotels outside of Playa.
These Condominium Hotel have all the amenities of a five stars hotel and more. We are staying for more than three weeks so the kitchen appliances, laundry and dryer and a real coffee brewing machine are fantastic features that make our stay like a second home. We used to spend on average 50 US Dollars in taxis from the hotel to Playa every day (the alternative was to stay lacked up at the resort) By staying that El Taj or Maya Villa you are literally in the heart of the city, with walking distance to the action (if you are here to party) or secluded enough to read a book and watch the sunset. We enjoy walking to the beach or to our favorite restaurant. My favorite thing is to buy a real French Baguette at Chez Celine, a bottle of Mexican Wine at La Cava, some great cheese and enjoy it in my balcony before my siesta. (try doing that in a hotel)
Housekeeping is amazing, the ladies are incredible they watch every detail and make you feel right at home. All the furniture and appliances are first class and are kept in great shape.
We will never stay in a hotel when visiting Playa del Carmen, this alternative is just a great value. We love it!!
If you are coming to Playa, I encorage you to check El Taj, Porto Playa and Villa Maya Condo Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you use the discount card valid on most restaurants, the gym is great, mid mornings and afternoon are the best time.
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed at the Villa Maya for 2 weeks in June 2011. We rented condo #404 and what a condo it was! Located right in the action between the beach and Avenida Quinta (5th ave), it takes no more than 2 minutes from the condo to walk to the beach club or the Quinta. Still, I was surprised how quiet it was at the condo.
The condo was spacious, clean and convenient. For the breakfast, I liked to buy my own stuff and eating own smoothies and peanut butter toasts outside on the patio reading news on my laptop (or in front of the TV the 2 days it rained). I should add I also prefer preparing myself a lighter breakfasts than those usually served in Mexican restaurants.
The condo was right beside the spa and swimming pool. Actually, our patio was about 4 feet (!) from the spa and the swimming pool so whenever we felt like cooling off we just took a swim. I’m not really a fan of spas, but my friends were always enjoying it while I was in the pool. For my part I assure you the pool’s water is cool and refreshes thoroughly.
At the beachclub you are greeted with clean towels and an employee leads you to your sunchair before setting the palapa according to your suntanning needs! I love the fact that you can order a sushi or a burger while suntanning on your chair in front of the sea! Food is fresh, menu is complete and diversified, ranging from burgers & fries to sushi, pasta, delicious pizza, fish and seafood, and the prices are good. Their drinks menu was great too, but their drinks (other than beer) are a bit pricey. I then realized how easy (and cheap) it was to prepare myself mar-ve-lous strawberry daiquiris using the condo blender!
There is also a concierge office; we went there to ask for directions, check for activities and borrow DVD’s. We were told customers leave books behind when they leave and they make them available to other customers. It was actually funny how they insisted we “borrow” and keep them as they seemed to desperately want to get rid of it!

In conclusion, I definitely recommend this condo and would return for sure in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank vacation-mtl
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Just got back from our vacation to Playa Del Carmen yesterday and I had to immediately sit down and write a review of Maya Villa. We were there for 4 nights and the property completely exceeded our expectations. We stayed in room 408 (a 3br/3ba with a rooftop deck overlooking the ocean). Despite the fact that Maya Villa is a block away from the beach, we had great views of the beach and the ocean. A small sampling of what we liked best about Maya Villa:

Cleanliness- the place was new and modern, great design, and spic and span. The cleaning service comes every day and does a great job.

Location- we were worried we were going to be too far from the beach, but it turned out our location was perfect. It is an extremely short (90 second) walk down to the beach, and you are right around the corner from 5th avenue. It really was the best of both worlds. By the way, I had read one review mentioning construction and/or 5th avenue noise, we didn't hear any noise at all.

Staff- they were quick, friendly, efficient, and responsive. The front desk is always manned, and there was a security officer out front every night all night.

Pool and hot tub- we all loved the pool at the Maya Villa, very unique.

Rooftop- probably our favorite part of the actual place. Had a wonderful view, an awesome lounge area, and a grill that we fired up a few times.

Beach and Indigo Landing- the beach is right in front of El Taj (which also looks like an awesome place), and we had a great time there. Very nice attendants, comfy chairs, good services, 90 seconds away from the Maya Villa. Couldn't be beat. Yes there are some boats on the beach or in the water, but they are small fishing boats and frankly added to the vibe. We had no problem swimming in the ocean just by walking a hundred yards down the beach.

Finally, I know this is long, but we went during a unlucky timeframe and had two straight days of torrential rain. Yeah, our trip surely would have been better if we had more sun, but it was the Maya Villa that saved our vacation. We had space to relax, the pool and hot tub to sit in during rain, and it was so close to 5th avenue we were able to stroll during periods of light rain up and down doing some shopping and bar hopping. We loved this place and are already planning on coming back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maverickdog
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We LOVED Maya Villa! We had Condo #406 which was a 2 BR 2 BA penthouse with roof top hot tub and palapa. This place was pristine clean and the all the staff were VERY friendly and helpful! There was always a guard posted out front 24/7. This place is a BEAUTIFUL oasis and not to be missed!

Indigo Beach club was AWESOME too! The staff there was GREAT and worked VERY hard to make sure everyone was happy! They brought umbrellas and set up and were very quick to do ANYTHING you asked with no problems! I was SUPER impressed with the service there!

CONS: The rooftop hot tubs are NOT connected to your room and as a previous poster stated..we were NOT told this so we could not enjoy it near as much as we would have liked because we were not comfortable leaving our 9 YO alone in the room. The window in our sons room did not lock and I reported this but nothing was ever done. There was no TV in one of the BR as was stated on the listing and there was no ironing board.

All in all a GREAT stay and we will defnitely be back!

1  Thank julz123