“The best for families, flexibility and options for grerat vacations”

Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #27 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Nashville, Tennessee
“The best for families, flexibility and options for grerat vacations”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

When I think of vacation I think about freedom and flexibility and great options to choose from. This boutique style hotel is exactly that. We stayed here, a family of 7 with small children and grandparents, stayed 4 nights. The hotel is perfect for families, forget about those all inclusive resorts were you will have to be bonded to the hotel schedule for everything, that is not vacation. Here is not the case; you will have everything you need to choose from and adapt it to your plans. The hotel is a few steps away from 5ta avenida were you'll find restaurants, shops and cafeterias. The hotel is also 3 minutes away from the beach (or less) walking distance. With our reservation we got:

1)Breakfast included in 2 restaurants. The first restaurant called Imprevist is just outside the hotel, breakfast there is outstanding. The second restaurant is on the beach and is called Indigo, breakfast there is also excellent and you have it right there on the beach. Service is great in both restaurants.

2) Access to a very convenient beach club called Indigo (the beach club and the restaurant in the beach are the same thing). The beach cub staff treated us marvelously, they are keeping an eye on the sun direction and when needed they adjust the umbrellas, they also provided toys for our children to make sand castles. We lunch there and it was fresh and delicious.

3) You get 10 minutes of free massage at the spa . Very relaxing.

4) You get access to a very good gym just around the corner.

5) A 10% discount card for nice restaurants that are nearby.

The condos are fully equipped and independent. Fully equipped kitchen, spacious rooms with AC,living room, private deck with grill and Jacuzzi, excellent daily housekeeping. Our house keeper was Amanda, every day everything was clean and conveniently accommodated

This for me is what an all inclusive should be, you choose with freedom according to your vacation plans, no reservations or asking someone for permission to do things, all attractions close by, flexibility.

I would definitely stay here again and I recommend it 100%

Room Tip: -Get a room in the third floor, the view of the ocean is great. -The hotel has a shuttle, it has a...
3 Thank EzVacations4U
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear EzVacations4U,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments about your stay at Maya Villa. We are thrilled to hear that you and your entire family had an excellent stay with us! Playa del Carmen is truly such an amazing town to explore and should be explored. Maya Villa is in the very heart of everything you can see, do and create in Playa. We definitely encourage everyone to take advantage of what surrounds us at your leisure. We are a condo hotel very accommodating to families as well as couples. Our concept revolves around space and comfort. Certainly we are happy that you enjoyed everything we have to offer and we hope that you will return back soon.

Owner, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Nyon, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here a family of four for four nights. Arrived after a long trip from Europe and could not wait to stick our feet in the sand. The family room was great. Service and staff were excellent. We had breakfast on the beach, Indigo beach, every day. You are 2 minutes from restaurants shops beach.

2 Thank KG_pofok
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Goran F,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us on Trip Advisor. I love hearing that we were able to accommodate a wonderful vacation for you and your family at Maya Villa. We are a family hotel so we have plenty of space and amenities to create a comfortable home for families while they are on vacation. Being a a condo hotel we can offer a ton of convenience and options. If you are traveling with a family chances are you may want to save money by cooking or at the very least having room to stock items for light lunches. If not, our convenient prime location allows you to literally walk out your door to an world of variety and choice for dining and entertainment. I hope you were able to make good use of our spa and world class fitness facility at the GYM as well. Thank you again for your nice comments and we hope to see you again soon at Maya Villa.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My friends and I rented suite 406 for 7 nights, and we enjoyed every second of our stay. The service was outstanding, location was perfect, away from the clubs and you definitely do not want to stay near those - it's very noisy, we were closeby, and can hear it faintly in the distant - but we were not bothered by that - I can't imagine how anyone would stay near the clubs. The suite: full kitchen, living area, two bedrooms, plush linens, kings beds, two baths, private roofdeck with grill, half fridge, sink, jacuzzi, shower, large lounge / sitting area, lounge chairs and dining table for four people, daily maid service, 24hour security and very very clean. There is a pool and waterfall upon entrance, private beach area for guests (towels and chairs provided) at Indigo Beach, where they serve daily breakfast up until 11am, plus Breakfast or Brunch at Imprevist until 2pm daily next to Maya Villa ... what an amazing bonus. I would definitely stay again and highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank M K
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear M K,
Thank you so much for sharing such an incredible review about your entire stay at Maya Villa. It is always wonderful to hear these kinds of awesome remarks from senior contributors such as yourself. I am happy to see that our new top quality triple insulated windows are paying off. As we are located in the very heart of Playa del Carmen downtown premier beach zone, we want to make sure that our guests never have to sacrifice peace for convenience or vice versa. We have a great attentive staff who all comes to work every day with the same goal of making the guests stay enjoyable. Thank you for your compliments about Indigo and Imprevist breakfast! We like to offer a bit of a variety! If you loved Imprevist for breakfast there's no doubt you would love their dinner service as well! Thank you again and I do hope you will choose Maya Villa again the next time you visit Playa del Carmen.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I spent 6 days in playa and found this place by accident online. What a pleasant surprise this was! Our very own condo one block away from "la quinta avenida", one block away from the beach - with AC, all the commodities, a fully equipped kitchen. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Daily cleaning service. For those who do not want to give up the gym while on vacation, access to a fully equipped gym. There is also a small but very enjoyable shaded pool on the property if you are looking for a break from the hot Mexican sun. I definitely recommend this place. Good for romantic or family get away. I am a foody and unfortunately the food on "la quinta" is not the best but having our own kitchen allowed us to cook our own food. Stay away from Mega supermarket where the quality can be iffy but Walmart is definitely a good option. If you are looking for fish, "el pirata pescaderia" definitely has the freshest. Go ahead and stack up the fridge and enjoy this home away from home.

1 Thank mannyb02
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear mannyb02,
I am certainly very happy that you enjoyed an amazing stay at Maya Villa. It's always wonderful to hear such incredible feedback. We are a condo hotel so definitely every unit contains everything you need to feel at home in a modern and clean environment. For those who like to cook once or twice during their vacation this can be a nice perk! I'm happy that you loved the complimentary access the the GYM. This is a great perk since the GYM is the most elite fitness center in Playa offering all-inclusive access to equipment, training advisors and a number of fun classes. We do provide each guest with a great privileged card which contains complimentary perks and a ton of discounts to our most recommended establishments. I hope you got to make great use of it! I would like to thank you again for this lovely review and I hope we will see you again soon at Maya Villa in the future.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and two adult children stayed in unit 403 for 7 nights. The view from the penthouse was incredible. The staff was so accommodating and went out of their way to meet all of our needs. The restaurant Imprevist located on the primises is amazing. Although we had a couple of choices for breakfast, this was by far the best. The servers are great. I would highly recommend this location. We all felt extremely safe and the location was perfect.

3 Thank rsr218
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear rsr218,
Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent review with us on Trip Advisor. It is always so wonderful to hear when one of our guests can report such an amazing experience! Maya Villa is family friendly for all ages and is well accommodating to travel as such with our spacious units and penthouse options (absolutely worth it especially when traveling with more than 2 people). Surely I am delighted that you loved Imprevist for breakfast. I really do hope you got to try Imprevist for dinner as well as the food and service is incredible. The location of Maya Villa is in the premier zone of Playa del Carmen so in this location you can always feel safe and comfortable. Thank you again for your lovely review and I hope we will see you again soon at Maya Villa.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014

For various reasons I have been down to mexico 3 times in the last 1.5 years. This condo rental by far was our best overall experience. The condo was beautiful, relatively quiet and well maintained. We were in room 410 which was a two bedroom unit. The only issue with noise was the construction next door but as they finished at 5 and started at 9 am in the morning it did not bother me in the least and I am a VERY light sleeper. Aklso they start at 10 on Saturday and do not work on Sunday.

Now I should mention that we were there with our seventeen year old son. His girlfriend and her parents had another condo in the same building. We did meet up with another couple from Canada with four boys(17-7) and they were a bit board as they did not have all the activities of an all inclusive. For that type of trip I recommend the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal, just a few minutes from Playa( see my review).

The service was excellent on all fronts from the reception to the guard to the staff at both the Indigo Beach club and the AMAZING Imprevist restaurant which is right next door to the condos.
Even though the beach is a block away it is not a big deal. The area is just beautiful. Very european in flavour . We typically would work out at the gym( see my review for the GYM) every morning , have a fabulous breakfast/Brunch at Imprevist and then go down to the Beach club. At the beach club it is very Boutiquish. Great chairs , crazy good service and a great overall vibe. The only drawback was the fishing boats at the beach. But as everything else is so amazing this can be overlooked. I asked about it and because playa was originally a fishing village the boats have priority. However there is another beach club less than 5 minutes up the beach where you can get a chair,umbrella and towel all included in the price of your condo.

So much to do in playa. Tons of shopping if that is your thing. Just walking around 5th ave. is entertainment in itself. We went to explor, while very expensive is very worth the experience. We also went to Coco Bongo's again - a must!

I should also mention that there are a few other condo's under the umbrella of this company. Go to the web site and you can see all the units. When I go again I will book at the Taj just to be on the beach and I will be sure the unit has a hot tub.

You can't go wrong with this vacation! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I like our room , #410 as it was quiet and we had a large balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank FactFinder123
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear FactFinder 123,
I am beyond thrilled to see that you had such an outstanding experience with us at Maya Villa. As you mentioned we are not an all inclusive resort however we include a number of onsite amenities to make your stay easy and comfortable including the complimentary GYM membership, free access to 2 beautiful beach clubs and special invitations to our preferred restaurants. It's wonderful to hear that your experience at Imprevist was amazing. Next time you must try PLANK as it is operated by the same amazing family who own Imprevist. I would like to make a small comment about the fishing boats at Indigo Beach - as Playa has grown from a small fishing village into a now busy vibrant beach town we still try to maintain the respect for the fisherman who still remain here by not taking away their livelihood. I could theoretically ask them to move but I truly believe that it would not be fair to ask that of them and besides the fishing boats may actually be the last image of that old time Playa del Carmen charm that once was. This is why we are glad to offer additional beach club access just steps away which is completely clear of boats. In regards to the construction near your hotel, I apologize if that was of any inconvenience. Sometimes there are projects that must be done but like you mentioned workers always will respect the correct hours. This was not an ongoing project or a normal circumstance by any means. I am happy that you would love to return back with us on future stays to Playa and certainly I believe you would love El Taj beachfront for a taste of something new!

Best,
Toronto,Ont
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We rented Unit 405 at Maya Villas for nine nights in March for our family of three. The reservation process was terrific with the help of Dr Laura and her son, Matt. They answered all my questions and made a great suggestion to pre-order our groceries through the resorts concierges - so nice to arrive with cold drinks all ready for us!
Wanting to try something different than an all-inclusive resort in Playa our search ended with booking Maya Villas. Best location - one short block to 5th and one short block to the beach and beach club.
The unit we had was great for three of us and had everything we needed for our stay, including the friendliest security team. We would recommend this property for anyone that wants to enjoy Playa and is tired of the big resorts. If you are in need of a large pool, this is not the place for you. The pool is good for a quick cool down, but not designed as a pool for swimming. Not a big issue for us since the ocean water was perfect.
Most of our time from morning to late afternoon was spent at the Indigo Beach Club -- pure heaven!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family