I had a party of seven staying in one of the bigger units (Rm. 413, three levels, 3BR, 3Bath) at the Maya Villa. It is a nice boutique hotel right off of 5th Avenue on one side and the beach on the opposite end. Convenience wise, could not be beat. I noticed the club was about 2 blocks down with music blasting yet it was never a disturbance our stay. Despite being a smaller hotel, the amenities they offer during my stay was quite remarkable and provided my family with a nice exposure to the different cuisines available within the vicinity. We were provided with a nice selection of quality restaurants that offered anywhere from 10-20% off our check. Eating at the Impervist and Plank (both restaurants which I believe are owned by the Maya Villa management) were of extremely high quality and I say must be tried if you are staying at Maya Villa. The gym that we have access to was also a full fledged gym, not the dinky ones offered at some hotels with limited weights and a handful of cardio machines. The maid service, maintenance, front desk and concierge were all very attentive, kind and greeted us whenever we crossed paths. I couldn't be happier with my stay.
Some minor gripes on the unit but not enough to take away from the fabulous stay. Just some things to consider.
The unit itself was also great, though I would note that it is split amongst three floors so there are some stairs to climb. There is also a large window that exposes your living room partially to residences in some other flats. The private jacuzzi was great even though we had some minor mechanical issues with it, the maintenance guy was very quick to resolve the issue. The private rooftop was nice but did look a little worn from the weather exposure.
For those that do not require an all-inclusive stay, I would strongly recommend the Maya Villa. My family spent our stay mainly at Xelha, Tulum, and Xplor, which made staying at PDC a more appropriate choice than Cancun. Given that those activities included free food, plus the free breakfast (which was also very good) that we received during our stay at Maya Villa. All that really came out of pocket was dinner and we enjoyed having a wide selection with different flavors from 5th Avenue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen