“Awesome stay”

Ranked #27 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
New York City, New York
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had a party of seven staying in one of the bigger units (Rm. 413, three levels, 3BR, 3Bath) at the Maya Villa. It is a nice boutique hotel right off of 5th Avenue on one side and the beach on the opposite end. Convenience wise, could not be beat. I noticed the club was about 2 blocks down with music blasting yet it was never a disturbance our stay. Despite being a smaller hotel, the amenities they offer during my stay was quite remarkable and provided my family with a nice exposure to the different cuisines available within the vicinity. We were provided with a nice selection of quality restaurants that offered anywhere from 10-20% off our check. Eating at the Impervist and Plank (both restaurants which I believe are owned by the Maya Villa management) were of extremely high quality and I say must be tried if you are staying at Maya Villa. The gym that we have access to was also a full fledged gym, not the dinky ones offered at some hotels with limited weights and a handful of cardio machines. The maid service, maintenance, front desk and concierge were all very attentive, kind and greeted us whenever we crossed paths. I couldn't be happier with my stay.

Some minor gripes on the unit but not enough to take away from the fabulous stay. Just some things to consider.
The unit itself was also great, though I would note that it is split amongst three floors so there are some stairs to climb. There is also a large window that exposes your living room partially to residences in some other flats. The private jacuzzi was great even though we had some minor mechanical issues with it, the maintenance guy was very quick to resolve the issue. The private rooftop was nice but did look a little worn from the weather exposure.

For those that do not require an all-inclusive stay, I would strongly recommend the Maya Villa. My family spent our stay mainly at Xelha, Tulum, and Xplor, which made staying at PDC a more appropriate choice than Cancun. Given that those activities included free food, plus the free breakfast (which was also very good) that we received during our stay at Maya Villa. All that really came out of pocket was dinner and we enjoyed having a wide selection with different flavors from 5th Avenue.

Room Tip: There have been quite some good reviews on this hotel's other 3BR unit, I think room 408. I woul...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Daniel C
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Daniel C,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review with us! We work so hard every day to create a posotive experience for our guests so certainly it makes us very happy to hear when we surpassed your expectations. We are delighted that you loved the property as well as all the amenities that we offer during your stay. We do provide every guest with privileged card that gives exclusive discounts to the best recommended restaurants and entertainment venues. Glad you enjoyed using that as well. Thank you again and we definitely hope to see you again soon!

Owner, Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

For those who aren't big on the hotel scene, this is a wonderful option. My husband and two kids enjoyed a week here in May 2014. We chose Maya Villa for the value and the ability to have an apartment feel versus adjoining hotel rooms. We picked Room 406 for the roof deck and we weren't disappointed. While we did covet the roof deck our neighbors in 403 had for the upgraded tile and the sea view, this quickly became our end-of-day refuge, drinking the yummy wine from the mini-bar and relaxing under the thatched roof that made an awesome sound ruffling in the non-stop sea breeze. It was very cool and comfy up there and felt elegantly homey. Our beds were very comfortable, the room was very quiet - even though we were a block away from the night crowds and partying, we hardly noticed at all. The service was fantastic from start to finish. One morning our water machine stopped working and by the time we got back from the beach we had a brand new one sitting there. Was it perfect? No, the view wasn't an idyllic beachfront view, the deck showed mild wear and tear there, the pool wasn't big and had no real sun, and there was an odd smell in the master bedroom that was never so bad that we felt the need to call anyone on it. I'm sure if we had, our concerns would have been addressed immediately and to our satisfaction.

We ate our complimentary breakfasts on the beach at the Indigo Beach Club. It was beautiful and yummy also with excellent service. The beach had many fishing boats moored there and the girls wanted to be on a more typical swimming beach, so we walked to Mamita's around 6 blocks away, which was absolutely gorgeous and had two excellent beach-front restaurants. The final day while the girls were off on their own, we opted to spend the day at the Indigo and I wished we had sooner. It was exceptionally comfortable and lovely and had even better service than Mamita's. It also occurred to me too late that it probably would have been an amazing place to come to at night. Will try that next time.

If you want a high-gloss, crowded, mega-pool, beach-front hotel set up, this isn't for you. But if you want a beautiful and exceptionally comfortable home-like feel with the best possible service, Maya Villa's for you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Like2BUnderTheC
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Like2BUnderTheC,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are so happy that we could make you feel so at home and offer you a perfect experience during your stay in Playa del Carmen. You are right, we are a comfortable family hotel offering inviting scenery, beautiful modern and spacious units and lovely amenities to create a beautiful experience for your vacation. As you mentioned about Indigo beach, I hope you were aware that we also offer beach club access only a few steps away at the lighthouse beach club. We offer this choice to all of our guests based on their preferences, as each beach club offers a slightly different experience. Also, sometimes its nice to switch up scenery a bit. Surely we hope to see you back soon at Maya Villa the next time you return to the area.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 May 2014

When I think of vacation I think about freedom and flexibility and great options to choose from. This boutique style hotel is exactly that. We stayed here, a family of 7 with small children and grandparents, stayed 4 nights. The hotel is perfect for families, forget about those all inclusive resorts were you will have to be bonded to the hotel schedule for everything, that is not vacation. Here is not the case; you will have everything you need to choose from and adapt it to your plans. The hotel is a few steps away from 5ta avenida were you'll find restaurants, shops and cafeterias. The hotel is also 3 minutes away from the beach (or less) walking distance. With our reservation we got:

1)Breakfast included in 2 restaurants. The first restaurant called Imprevist is just outside the hotel, breakfast there is outstanding. The second restaurant is on the beach and is called Indigo, breakfast there is also excellent and you have it right there on the beach. Service is great in both restaurants.

2) Access to a very convenient beach club called Indigo (the beach club and the restaurant in the beach are the same thing). The beach cub staff treated us marvelously, they are keeping an eye on the sun direction and when needed they adjust the umbrellas, they also provided toys for our children to make sand castles. We lunch there and it was fresh and delicious.

3) You get 10 minutes of free massage at the spa . Very relaxing.

4) You get access to a very good gym just around the corner.

5) A 10% discount card for nice restaurants that are nearby.

The condos are fully equipped and independent. Fully equipped kitchen, spacious rooms with AC,living room, private deck with grill and Jacuzzi, excellent daily housekeeping. Our house keeper was Amanda, every day everything was clean and conveniently accommodated

This for me is what an all inclusive should be, you choose with freedom according to your vacation plans, no reservations or asking someone for permission to do things, all attractions close by, flexibility.

I would definitely stay here again and I recommend it 100%

Room Tip: -Get a room in the third floor, the view of the ocean is great. -The hotel has a shuttle, it has a...
3 Thank EzVacations4U
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear EzVacations4U,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments about your stay at Maya Villa. We are thrilled to hear that you and your entire family had an excellent stay with us! Playa del Carmen is truly such an amazing town to explore and should be explored. Maya Villa is in the very heart of everything you can see, do and create in Playa. We definitely encourage everyone to take advantage of what surrounds us at your leisure. We are a condo hotel very accommodating to families as well as couples. Our concept revolves around space and comfort. Certainly we are happy that you enjoyed everything we have to offer and we hope that you will return back soon.

Nyon, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here a family of four for four nights. Arrived after a long trip from Europe and could not wait to stick our feet in the sand. The family room was great. Service and staff were excellent. We had breakfast on the beach, Indigo beach, every day. You are 2 minutes from restaurants shops beach.

2 Thank KG_pofok
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Goran F,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us on Trip Advisor. I love hearing that we were able to accommodate a wonderful vacation for you and your family at Maya Villa. We are a family hotel so we have plenty of space and amenities to create a comfortable home for families while they are on vacation. Being a a condo hotel we can offer a ton of convenience and options. If you are traveling with a family chances are you may want to save money by cooking or at the very least having room to stock items for light lunches. If not, our convenient prime location allows you to literally walk out your door to an world of variety and choice for dining and entertainment. I hope you were able to make good use of our spa and world class fitness facility at the GYM as well. Thank you again for your nice comments and we hope to see you again soon at Maya Villa.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My friends and I rented suite 406 for 7 nights, and we enjoyed every second of our stay. The service was outstanding, location was perfect, away from the clubs and you definitely do not want to stay near those - it's very noisy, we were closeby, and can hear it faintly in the distant - but we were not bothered by that - I can't imagine how anyone would stay near the clubs. The suite: full kitchen, living area, two bedrooms, plush linens, kings beds, two baths, private roofdeck with grill, half fridge, sink, jacuzzi, shower, large lounge / sitting area, lounge chairs and dining table for four people, daily maid service, 24hour security and very very clean. There is a pool and waterfall upon entrance, private beach area for guests (towels and chairs provided) at Indigo Beach, where they serve daily breakfast up until 11am, plus Breakfast or Brunch at Imprevist until 2pm daily next to Maya Villa ... what an amazing bonus. I would definitely stay again and highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank M K
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear M K,
Thank you so much for sharing such an incredible review about your entire stay at Maya Villa. It is always wonderful to hear these kinds of awesome remarks from senior contributors such as yourself. I am happy to see that our new top quality triple insulated windows are paying off. As we are located in the very heart of Playa del Carmen downtown premier beach zone, we want to make sure that our guests never have to sacrifice peace for convenience or vice versa. We have a great attentive staff who all comes to work every day with the same goal of making the guests stay enjoyable. Thank you for your compliments about Indigo and Imprevist breakfast! We like to offer a bit of a variety! If you loved Imprevist for breakfast there's no doubt you would love their dinner service as well! Thank you again and I do hope you will choose Maya Villa again the next time you visit Playa del Carmen.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I spent 6 days in playa and found this place by accident online. What a pleasant surprise this was! Our very own condo one block away from "la quinta avenida", one block away from the beach - with AC, all the commodities, a fully equipped kitchen. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Daily cleaning service. For those who do not want to give up the gym while on vacation, access to a fully equipped gym. There is also a small but very enjoyable shaded pool on the property if you are looking for a break from the hot Mexican sun. I definitely recommend this place. Good for romantic or family get away. I am a foody and unfortunately the food on "la quinta" is not the best but having our own kitchen allowed us to cook our own food. Stay away from Mega supermarket where the quality can be iffy but Walmart is definitely a good option. If you are looking for fish, "el pirata pescaderia" definitely has the freshest. Go ahead and stack up the fridge and enjoy this home away from home.

1 Thank mannyb02
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear mannyb02,
I am certainly very happy that you enjoyed an amazing stay at Maya Villa. It's always wonderful to hear such incredible feedback. We are a condo hotel so definitely every unit contains everything you need to feel at home in a modern and clean environment. For those who like to cook once or twice during their vacation this can be a nice perk! I'm happy that you loved the complimentary access the the GYM. This is a great perk since the GYM is the most elite fitness center in Playa offering all-inclusive access to equipment, training advisors and a number of fun classes. We do provide each guest with a great privileged card which contains complimentary perks and a ton of discounts to our most recommended establishments. I hope you got to make great use of it! I would like to thank you again for this lovely review and I hope we will see you again soon at Maya Villa in the future.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and two adult children stayed in unit 403 for 7 nights. The view from the penthouse was incredible. The staff was so accommodating and went out of their way to meet all of our needs. The restaurant Imprevist located on the primises is amazing. Although we had a couple of choices for breakfast, this was by far the best. The servers are great. I would highly recommend this location. We all felt extremely safe and the location was perfect.

3 Thank rsr218
Condohotels, Owner at Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear rsr218,
Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent review with us on Trip Advisor. It is always so wonderful to hear when one of our guests can report such an amazing experience! Maya Villa is family friendly for all ages and is well accommodating to travel as such with our spacious units and penthouse options (absolutely worth it especially when traveling with more than 2 people). Surely I am delighted that you loved Imprevist for breakfast. I really do hope you got to try Imprevist for dinner as well as the food and service is incredible. The location of Maya Villa is in the premier zone of Playa del Carmen so in this location you can always feel safe and comfortable. Thank you again for your lovely review and I hope we will see you again soon at Maya Villa.