Our trip to Playa del Carmen was about discovering the town AND Maya Villa. Without mentioning other Mexican resort towns or hotels, it's safe to say that our experience on this trip will make future travel decisions to Mexico easy.
The town of Playa is safe, clean and unless you feel the need to explore the Aztec ruins or Geo Parks, completely walkable from almost any point. 5 Ave is pedestrian-only and lined with places to eat, drink, party, stay out late or simply stroll and people watch. We were very pleasantly surprised and are already planning a trip back with our kids.
2 short city blocks away is the beach. Flat, firm and easy to walk, the beach stretches for miles and the water is relatively calm for all ages. We encountered very few vendors and were only approached once or twice a day by someone selling their wares.
Situated between the beach and 5 Ave is the perfect location of Maya Villa. Quiet, comfortable and safe it offers a retreat from the activity of the beach and the party crowd on 5 Ave....yet both are so close if you want either.
Maya Villa is part of a 4 building condo group and has access to the facilities in each. One of the other condos is directly on the beach, so Maya Villa renters can use the beach chaises, umbrellas and the beach-side cafe with food & beverage service delivered directly to your chaise. Table service on-the-sand is available as well.
A third condo building in the group has a fitness center on par with with some of the best. Spin classes, weights, treadmills, yoga in studio and on the beach are available as well.
Maya Villa unit 408 is a 3 bedroom property that occupies the top 2 floors of the 4 story building. 2 bedrooms on the lower level and the 3rd bedroom and living areas upstairs. a cover deck and access to the roof is part of the property. The roof has a hot tub, outside shower, stainless BBQ and a great area to sit around and get crazy. Clear views of the Gulf add to a fantastic atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen