My wife and I returned from a week vacation at this wonderful resort last week, and I already miss it. Everything about this place is first class. From the moment we reserved the a la carte restaurants on line, to the arrival in Cancun and then to the reception at the RH, everything went smoothly.
The Beach. The resort was not full, and therefore the beach had plenty of room, as did the swimming pool. Great, white sand, beautiful sea colours, nice breeze: paradise!
The Food: all the restaurants are great, but especially the Ventanas, excellent food, excellent presentation. We enjoyed being served by Omar there. But all waiters were amazing: thanks to Isis (expecting a baby), Isis (another one, who kept calling me by a different version of my last name, but she was so good I never bother correcting), Jorge, Laura, and so many others equally good.
The Room: our room (luxury room) was very nicely appointed, with all the amenities we could think of. Although located in Villa 30, adjacent to the Riu Playacar (very noisy) we were able to sleep well in our comfortable king-sized bed. Layta, our concierge, was fabulous. Thanks for everything Layta.
Entertainment: not much, but then we knew about this from reading the reviews. Maybe a place to dance a bit would have been nice.
The Grounds: immaculate, clean, beautiful.
The Weather: although the forecasts kept on saying thunderstorms and rain, we had 7 days of sun.
Conclusion: I would recommend this resort wholeheartedly to anyone. It is that gorgeous. We will definitely be back.
To the management of RH: keep it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Barcelo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen