We just came back from a beautiful vacation at Royal Hideaway. We were there from March 10th until March 17th.
First of all let me say that we were really impressed with the quality of service we got. All employees we encounter were friendly and helpful. We like to see the positive on things and we treat people the way we would like to be treated (kindness and respect).
Our concierge in building 25 was fantastic. Our room on the second floor was very nice and the bathroom too. The bathtub was small but it didn’t matter to us because we prefer to take a shower. We were able to see another room before we left. It was similar but we preferred the bathroom layout we had. We were also lucky because our balcony had a nice garden view. I think I would have been disappointed if it would have been facing a wall or would have been in the shade and surrounded by trees. We encounter a problem with our safe and it was rapidly fixed.
We tried all a la carte restaurants. We had reservation all week long between 8 and 9 and we made all of our reservation the first morning we got there. The service was excellent and the food very good. We are very open minded about trying new things. If we don’t love the food we find it to be normal because sometimes when we out go to restaurants we are not always pleased with what we order.
Infinity pool is nice but we didn’t swim in it because we didn’t like the fact that lots of birds (seagulls) bathe in it several times during the day.
The beach is wonderful. Waiters are hustling at time with all the demands on drinks and food. Just need to be patient and they will look after you.
Please if you go, try not to slam the door of your room, Also be patient if you don‘t get right away what you want (drinks, table...). If you look for a party place this is not it. This resort is great to relax.
We will be back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Barcelo, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen