My wife and I just returned from an outstanding 8 days at the Royal Hideaway. Okay...everything was amazing. The room was lovely and nice to come back to, which was not very often and our building's concierge, Patricia was so helpful. The attention to detail by all of the staff and the level of personal treatment was 5 star all the way.
The food was wonderful everywhere we went. The breakfast buffet at Spices was great. A large selection, very well prepared and always hot and fresh and what better way to start your day then sitting out on the deck, sipping fresh squeezed orange juice, eating great food and being mesmerized by the beautiful white sand, palm trees and turquoise water. Lunch at the The Deck was great...large selection and again wonderful location overlooking the beach. Each of the restaurants were also wonderful for dinner. We never had even a mediocre meal and the service was always pleasant.
The pools were fun and it was always so relaxing to swim up the the edge of the infinity pool and just lay there looking out at the beach. The water aerobics was fun as were all the activities. A special shout out to Israel and Javier who worked so hard to put a smile on everyone's face and served the most refreshing ice cream every afternoon.
The beach was large, clean and beautiful and the water was clear and that amazing turquoise color that I thought only existed on postcards. The water was warm and great for swimming because there is no tide and the waves are pretty calm. The walk down the beach to Playa Del Carmen was only about 20 minutes and lovely walk at that and just outside the gate to the south is a shopping center with souvenirs and jewelry and of course the Starbucks.
We would definitely recommend the Royal Hideaway to one and all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Barcelo, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen