Well, while my husband and I are accustomed to the brand new GRAND resorts in Cabo San Lucas- where a resort is built better than the next each year, the Royal Hideaway made up for it's age (built in 1998) with excellent, TOP-NOTCH service and awesome food! We wanted to try somewhere we had never been before and we stayed at the Hideaway for 7 days. The restaurants were ALL amazing (the only one we didn't try for dinner was The Grille). You can't go wrong no matter where you eat at the resort. Though we particularly loved Azia for sushi and Palazzo for anything. We have never done the 'all-inclusive' hotel-thing before and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and drinks, as we LOVE to eat and drink GOOD food- spending usually $200 a night in Cabo for dinner. But, even the Hideaway's 'house wine' was so good. The only thing we did not like was the humidity, which can't be avoided, but it is bearable by staying in the pool or ocean and having a constant drink in hand. Cabo has dry heat-like desert with cool nights where in this part of Mexico there was no break from the humidity- day or night. They have an 11:30 am pool-exercise class each day which was fun. We rented a car and that was the only hassle we had to deal with: the people that worked at the car rental place: Budget- apparently no affiliation with USA's Budget car rental- totally harassing us to buy their $50 a day insurance- which we did not do, but had to fight them for a half hour. You really don't need a car, as the cab rides are affordable and any excursion you book will include transportation.
We had a great, relaxing time and thank the staff of the Hideaway for being so good at what they do! Truly Royal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen