Beautiful beach, nice pool, and well kept grounds. Well appointed rooms. Providing a concierge in each building daily from 8AM to 5 PM is a great touch (our concierge was quite helpful, friendly, and efficient).
Good attentive service in all the restaurants. The food is of a higher quality than in other all-inclusive resorts in Playacar. We particularly liked the Grill for dinner. Palazzo (Italian) and Spices (Mexican/Yucatecan) were quite good also. We were less impressed by Ventanas, which tried too hard to be a high end restaurant without the quality of a true high end restaurant. Breakfast was abundant and generally good (except for the fruit, which was of slightly inconsistent quality; some mornings it was great and others so so) . Make sure to email the hotel in advance to make reservations for dinner (there is no buffet dinner in this resort). The reservations person responds to emails right away.
As other reviewers have commented, one drawback is the reception desk, which is not particularly efficient during checkout. Another small issue is that during peak hours there is often a wait for tables at breakfast. Finally, it would be nice if the hotel provided palapas on the beach, which are much more efficient at providing shade on sunny days than the canvas contraptions that they have (in fact, all the neighboring hotels have the palm leaf palapas that are so common in Mexican resorts, which work quite well).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Barcelo, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, TravelUp and Travelbag so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen