Royal Hideaway Playacar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Riu Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Allegro Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Viva Wyndham Maya(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Viva Wyndham Azteca(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
The Reef Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Palace Mexico(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Yucatan(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
ClubHotel Riu Tequila(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Lupita(Playa del Carmen)
4,928 results
All reviewslas ventanasthe grilldinner reservationsallegria barvilla conciergespices restaurantclub royaledeck restaurantdinner theaterinfinity poolchef's tablewalk in closetother resortssax playerour honeymoonall inclusive resortquiet resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you are looking for a pristine property, attentive staff, beautiful beach and delicious food, this place is perfect. I was really impressed with the condition of the rooms which were immaculate and the bathrooms are very large and well appointed. I thoroughly enjoyed the food at the restaurants which was much better than other all-inclusive resorts I've stayed at. One of the highlights is that they waiters wait on you at the beach and pool. Every fifteen minutes or so, someone was coming around offering to bring you a drink or food. The food service was outstanding.
The downside is that while it is great for rest and relaxation it was a little too sleepy. There is not much in the way of activities or entertainment and everything get's very quiet around 10 pm. I was disappointed they didn't have fun music at the pool or beach (more like quiet elevator music) and there was definitely no dancing in the evenings. One other thing that detracted from our otherwise great experience was that none of the hot tubs were hot the entire week we were there even though we asked every single day to have them turned up. We must have spoken to five different staff asking to them to do something and no one did.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper the rooms are noisy and you can hear when your neighbors open and close their doors. I would stay away from buildings 28, 29, 30 & 31 because the resort next door is very loud and there is a service path that runs along that side of the resort.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TrendsettingTraveler
Community M, Gerente at Royal Hideaway Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Kelly K,

Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback regarding your holiday with us.

It is with regret however that some aspects of our hotel did not meet your expectations; we are working so hard with all the staff to give you the best service. Your comments have been taken on board and will help to improve our service and quality of them for all our guests.

We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The service here is outstanding, except for the beach service. Expect to get up off your lounge and go to the open bar. They serve high end liquor. Everyone is so friendly. Each villa has it's own concierge. The villa consists of about 10 units designed in a circular fashion. Try to get one close to the beach, upstairs. The concierge is there to serve your every need. Awesome! They need to upgrade their pillows, they are small and flat. So if you need a comfortable pillow bring your own. It is an all inclusive resort with 6 restaurants. Make reservations early. Dress is business casual, ladies dresses, men slacks, dress shirts and dress shoes. They get in your face if you are under dressed. Food is very good, especially the silver sterling tenderloin. If you want to dive take the ferry to Cozumel or spend a couple of nights there. Diving and snorkeling in Playa del Carmen is mediocre. I would definitely stay at the Royal Hideaway again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to get second story and close to the brach.
3  Thank Diverrod

Dear Diverrod,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay.

We are happy for choosing us to stay on your vacation, your opinion is very important to us and we assure you that we will share it internally.

We hope you allow us to make your next stay an unforgettable one.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I along with my parents have stayed all around the world in all inclusive hotels, this was by far the best. We had two luxurious weeks at the end of May. The landscaping of the grounds and design of the buildings is tastefully done. All amenities were with in easy reach, and the rooms had everything you would need. The quality of the food and drink were amazing, we felt like we were eating out at 'Master chef' every night. The holiday was definitely enhanced by the friendly and helpful staff. The staff go out of their way to make sure you are having a good time and the attention to detail is brilliant.

1  Thank woosie2013

Dear Woosie2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay.

We hope you allow us to make your next stay an unforgettable one.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Wedding Experience: Just finished having my wedding at Royal Hideaway and I couldn't speak more highly about the experience. Karina Tagliarini is the wedding coordinator at the hotel and she worked tirelessly for 8 months in preparing for my dream wedding. I am not an easy person to deal with and extremely picky. Whenever Karina and I spoke over the phone, it was clear she was taking notes of all my questions, requests and concerns. She would follow-up by email promptly and provide me with any information I requested. She even entertained my crazier requests. For example, I had asked her to speak with the chef to see if there could be green (vegetable/fruit) smoothies available at the pool during the day. A lot of my family members are health freaks and extremely picky about eating organic, non-GMO food. Karina immediately took my request to the chef and they provided two different "wedding smoothies" a day by the pool. I don't know any hotel that would do that. In addition to her incredible planning, Karina was available at all times prior and during our wedding events. The poor thing would sometimes leave the hotel at 3 AM because she wanted to make sure everything was going smoothly. For our private dinners, she made beautiful menus and always went above and beyond in making sure the venue space was decorated nicely. My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer a month before I was engaged, making it a very difficult time for my family to plan a wedding. She went above and beyond to reduce stress and make my wedding more amazing than we could have ever imagined. I sincerely hope that her boss understands how valuable of an employee she is because I couldn't imagine doing it without her. Once I met Karina, I knew my wedding HAD to be at the Royal Hideaway Playacar.

My family and I only stay at 5+ star hotels (typically listed on Luxury Link). As I mentioned before, my family is VERY picky about food. In fact, my mom is so picky that she doesn't like staying at hotels or eating at restaurants because she doesn't trust the quality of food. The food at Royal Hideaway is EXCELLENT. Everything is fresh, organic, and non-GMO. You will never find an all inclusive hotel with this quality of food--at least I have never found one. The staff is also incredible. Always attentive to your needs, whether it be food allergies, to making dinner reservations. While down there, I developed gastritis (due to wedding stress), and the kitchen immediately made me a fresh bowl of chicken noodle soup. Because of my sickness, I could only eat simple foods. I never had to repeat my sickness to anyone, and every restaurant already knew to provide me with blander food options. Communication between the staff and management is impeccable.

Every building is staffed with a concierge who makes all your dinner reservations. I want to give a special shout out to William who managed to provide us with all our dinning requests, despite our inability to make requests in a timely manner.

I want to give Carlos a special shout out! He manned the omelet station every morning. He is literally the cutest man ever. I believe he is the one who also is responsible for getting me my chicken noodle soup when I was sick. He always made sure people got their eggs (and anything else) just the way they wanted!

Shout out to Leonardo and Carolina who always greeted us at breakfast with a big smile!

Every waiter was amazing and its so hard to remember all their names. Humberto was always working and so professional! I would see him working breakfast in the morning at Spices, and then dinner at Ventanas. I seriously feel like these people don't sleep and Humberto (along with all the other waiters) kept a smile on their faces and made you feel at home.

Lastly, I want to give a shout out to my favorite guys from the entertainment crew! Sergio and Carlos were the best! While I thought water aerobics was going to be a joke, I did it one morning and had a blast! These guys were always attentive and provided us with whatever game we wanted to play (boccie ball, volleyball...etc.).

I cannot wait to go back for my one year anniversary!

4  Thank Alene A
Guadalupe S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Royal Hideaway Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you for making our Royal Hideaway your choice hotel on this occasion and for your very kind recommendation to the travel community , this positive feedback keeps us motivated to encounter the compliance of our demanding quality standards.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Fantastic place….would definitely recommend! It was clean, rooms were bigger/nicer than expected, and resort overall was nice. I'd give the service at the pool 3 or 4 stars…rather slow...but service in all the restaurants was a 5. I love that they had a lot of variety in restaurants and the food overall was very good, much better than other all inclusive resorts! I especially liked Spices…although they were all good. The resort was quiet…not a lot of activity, which was fine as I just wanted to have some peace and quiet. BUT, if you are wanting some things to do onsite, this may not be the place for you. There is 1 piano bar that plays music after dinner, but it was a bit cheesy and that was our only option. If you're wanting romance, this is an outstanding choice. I went with girlfriends, and we were the only single ones there, which didn't bother me, but if you're
going on a girls trip, it's just something to keep in mind. It definitely caters to couples, and the only things to do after dinner are listen to the cheesy music or sit in the hot tub-that's it. I'd like to go back with my husband sometime because it's a great value….good food, good drinks, and an overall clean, nice resort! Note: Units 24-27 are the quietest since they are the interior rooms….RH is sandwiched between 2 louder resorts so I'd suggest one of these buildings.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, request units 24-27, as these are the interior buildings…away from the adjacent resorts, which were sometimes loud.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends