My wife and I stayed at the RHP for our wedding anniversary June 17, 2014 to June 22, 2014. This was our second visit but I must say it was a horrible experience to say the least. The biggest complaint is the resort is older and they need to update their air conditioning system. We complained about our room not getting cool the very first day and they did absolutely nothing. We complained again the second day of our visit and they said they would move us to another room the next day and meanwhile would bring us a fan... Well the next day the rooms (two of them) we were suppose to be moved to was according to them given away. They sent us to look at another room in another building where the maintenance guy was working on the air conditioning when we walked in. We advised them why would we move to another room with the same problem and we were told to check back with them later to see if that room would be cooled off. By then my wife and I were fed up. We suffered out the rest of our visit in agony. We mentioned our dilemma to the management team at the returning guest reception who apologized and stated they would correct the problem and we never heard back from anyone. Upon our return home I sent a letter to the general manager complaining about how unpleasant our visit was. We received a reply from the assistant that they would gladly give us a discount on a return visit to make up for our terrible visit. When I sent them dates they sent me prices that were not discounted.... I complained and they responded SORRY.... Needless to say we won't be going back there ever..... When you drop the ball RHP you make it RIGHT!!!!! Worst trip ever!
Kevin and Laura McNeil
Building 25 room 2521
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Splitty, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen