Just got back from an 8 night stay. What a phenomenal resort! I felt like someone called me and asked what I would consider the ideal vacation - the Royal Hideaway was everything I would ask for.
The grounds are absolutely beautiful. Every room has a view of either the gardens, which are perfectly manicured, or the ocean, which is the most beautiful shade of turquoise I've ever seen. As you stroll the grounds and catch the first view of the water, it takes your breath away.
Service is first class - whether you tip or not. The staff seems to really enjoy their job of pampering the guests. It is a shame the beach has eroded - but the views are still amazing and the infinity pool was my favorite location. Carolina our concierge was such a sweetheart and was always available when we had a question or arrangements to make. The housekeeping staff kept the rooms immaculate. Room service was always available and brought whatever we asked for. The food in the restaurants was exquisite - especially considering this was an all inclusive resort. We were not expecting the gourmet meals we were able to enjoy. Each dish was unique and tasted phenomenal. Dinner was never rushed - the service was very attentive.
The resort was quiet and peaceful, a benefit of the low occupancy (and the swine flu threat!) It did not bother us that all the restaurants were not available every night - we were able to eat in each one twice. Breakfast was amazing - the view combined with the wonderful assortment of food (the pastries are to die for!) was very relaxing. I also loved having a cheeseburger by the pool for lunch - no need to move, everything was brought right to my lounge by the amazing poolside waiters. I am a mom of 4 so it was a real treat having someone else wait on me for a change.
I have run out of words to describe this resort! We are hoping to return in the future. I cannot think of a better place to relax and be pampered. Thanks to the staff of the Royal Hideaway for offering such great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen