This was our first trip to the RH and my husband and I were so excited to take a much needed trip with no kids. The first 3 days were nice, beautiful grounds, no beach, and the food was so so. Air conditioning was not working well at all, and the room service was awful! I felt like the employees were all very nice from concierge to waiters and hostesses. Very gracious!
Unfortunately we were stuck at the RH for the Hurricane and it was awful! They put us in the theater at the hotel with people from other resorts who were loud and obnoxious!! Many people became ill that night throwing up and Diarhea, including myself. The hotel charged us the full amount for the night we were in the shelter even though we tried to leave. The next day they gave us a discount for $375.00 US even though we were stuck!!
There was no service and the Management was really really rude! They stopped serving alcohol the day of the hurricane and still didn't serve it until after we left on Tues. We found out the other resorts were not doing that. The manager said they didn't want a bunch of drunk people in the streets. I couldn't believe it. One of the guests was very very ill with fever, chills and throwing up. We physically had to make the manager call an ambulance. I could go on and on. We have contacted orbitz to complain and also stopped pmt for the night they charged us $375.00, We didn't even have sheets on our bed. It was a horrid experience!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen