I usually don't write reviews, but seeing as how I read them like crazy before booking our trip, I wanted to share our experience with this hotel to help anyone thinking about staying at this resort. My husband and I were at Sandos from Feb 27, 2011 - March 3, 2011. First of all, the thing to remember about all of these reviews, is that EVERYONE is diferent. Some are hard to please, some are not - and everyone has a definition of what "good" is. However, our experience was great. We were VERY pleased with how smootly we checked in, and even though we were about 2 hours early from our check in time, they kept our bags up front, and allowed us to go eat and drink until our room was ready. Our room was very nice, and was always cleaned and restocked daily. We had a room in the 9000 block, back by the pool with the swim up bar. I've read some complaints about rooms being "far" from the beach, but for my husband and I, it was a nice walk. We are in our mid 20's and in good shape, so it wasn't bad for us, however, if you have small children or are elderly, I could see how this is a problem. Otherwise, we had no problems being in the back, where it was quiet when we wanted to sleep, and had the only swim up bar on the resort.
Rafael - who was the bartender at the swim up bar was AWESOME!! Always so sweet and helpful and made great drinks.. ask him for the Cabana! ;)
The food and drinks were good - especially the French restaurant - AMAZING! This resort was fantastic, clean, fun and we would definitely go back... BUT not for a romantic getaway. It's very family oriented, and not that we mind (since we have a little one of our own), however, we wanted more adult oriented themes and parties. It is definitely a place I would love to take our daughter one day, as it was VERY kid friendly. There was plenty to do at night - they had people making crafts and pictures, and had nightly shows. We tried out the discoteca, and it wasn't for us. We love to go out and dance, however, that was the one "disappointment" we had, only because it was such a small space, and actually kind of smelled weird. We are not hard to please at all though, so we hung out for a bit and then called it a night.
Lastly, the last thing we heard complaints about was the timeshare hassles. We were not asked ONCE to participate in the timeshare presentation, and I have a feeling that if we did and said no, they would've accepted it and moved on. The staff was very friendly and everyone always said hola! when you passed by.
Again - everyone has different preferences, experiences, opinions, but we had a GREAT time and will definitely come back with our daughter. Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos