We really enjoyed Sandos Playacar. We traveled here in April of 2012 with our two children 7 and 10. Playacar is a little subdivision of Playa Del Carmen. It is a gated community in which helped me feel safer, especially bringing kids to Mexico. We enjoyed Sandos. It is a HUGE property. We stayed in the Rivieria section which was nice. it is close to the main lobby and several of the restaurants. However, it is a walk to the beach. We did not mind the walk the first two days, but by the end of the week the kids were saying, "we dont want to go to the beach, it is so far". We also enjoyed the pool next to our section. this hotel really does have something for everyone. We enjoyed the bar adjacent to the game room. This was the "after" beach stop. It was half way to our room. The kids would play while we enjoyed one more cocktail.
The beach is gorgeous. We were there on windy days. It took awhile to get service at the beach. if you tip they seem to be more responsive. The kids enjoyed the beach.
We had good food. We enjoyed the "fogo" restaurant. Our favorite was the Mediterannean. All of our dinners were good. I cannot say they were great. But it is Mexico. One does not go to Mexico for good food. you go for nice weather and sandy beaches.
If you go to Xplor or Xcaret instead of booking transportation with the tour company take a cab. That way you can arrive and leave when you want. Sandos is only like a 10 minute drive so by taxi it was like $14. This was well worth it. We did not have to meet the tour bus at 7:30 to take a ten minute drive. Usually the tout buses have you travel to all other resorts to pick up other people. You can bypass this by taking a taxi.
This hotel is nice, the grounds are clean, the food good, and beach is great. I recommend this hotel for families. However, I prefer a smaller hotel if traveling with adults only. My husband and I stayed at a small adult only hotel in Cancun and I prefer the smaller hotels to these grand resorts.
My kids say they want to go back. So, Perhaps in three years we will go back. i would stay here again with my husband and kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos