We had a great time at Sandos Playacar. We stayed there from June 25th to July 3rd. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. We stayed in the Riviera Jr Suite section, which we found a bit far away from everything for our 3 and 5 yr old daughters. We did not mind the walk, but we took the golf carts whenever they were available. My youngest daughter loved petting cats and donkeys- this was clearly one of the highlights of her trip. The girls also enjoyed going at the kids club; they went there 2 mornings and one afternoon and had a lot of fun. Erica, the kids club manager, does an excellent job and all the other employees of the KC were nice too.
WE LOVED THE FOOD! Great guacamole, nice ceviche, a lot of choices for breakfast (one of the best breakfast buffet I have seen and I have been more than 10 times to AI resorts the Carribean), great pasta and salads...Really, I do not understand why people would complain about it...Flies? Birds? You are in Mexico and you are eating in an open space where, in fact, you can be in contact with such things. You actually paid to be in such surroundings...That being said, the buffet area was super clean. Yes, some birds flew in the restaurant and some of them were quite persistent, but it was not a big deal. The French restaurant was excellent (we were travelling with another couple who babysat our kids while we enjoyed a calm dinner) and El Gaucho (the steakhouse in the adults-only section) was extremely delicious. We had one of the best steaks in our life (and believe me, we are steak people!) Carlos Chuc was our waiter and he did a great job.
TRUE: the beds and pillow are hard and the room was sort of damp and smelled a bit strange-nothing abnormal, but I guess something could be done about this.
ALSO TRUE: the beach is pristine...but not enough shade space for all the family. The management should install more palapas et let people use their own sun shelter when it is not windy. We were asked to remove our sun shelter from the beach (yes, it was eindy and we understood that it was for security purposee) and it was a bit annoying since the sun was high in the sky and no palapas were available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos