“Amazing Vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Rochester, New York
“Amazing Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We just returned from ten days at this resort. What an amazing time we had. We need to thank Daniela Delgado for making our trip truly spectacular. She helped us prepare for the trip a week in advance by making our reservations at each restaurant for us. She went out of her way to make our anniversary dinner truly extraordinary!! Thanks Daniela for making our trip one we will never forget!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Brett S
Sandos_Playacar, General Manager at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Brett S,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was, we will be more than happy to have the opportunity to host you again very soon and give you once again the good service you have already experienced.

Please feel free to contact us.
Warm Regards,
webrelations.playacar@sandos.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,763)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend went to Sandos July 2014 and it was such a brilliant week. The buffet for breakfast was one of our favourites (we went to the adults only one) The food and stuff were faultless. We spent most our days at the Adults only pool, which was just lovely. Really relaxing but also a great atmosphere for having fun. I have to thank David Eduardo for his amazing service, and making our holiday special for me and my Boyfriend Steven.

Out of the A La Carte, the Chinese was our favourite. Loved the golf cart transport, and all the staff were always smiling and helpful!

I would definitely recommend using the Watersports guys too, seeing the turtles and cenotes. Don't forget the Cupcake Cafe either...

Currently in the process of getting him to take me back to Sandos. Thank you!!

Room Tip: Love the rooms, ours had a jaccuzzi bath and two double beds :)
2 Thank Rachel C
Dear Rachel C,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back for a second holiday in our resort.

Warmest Regards,
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My Husband and I recently had the opportunity to spend several days at The Sandos Playacar Resort. The hotel is beautiful and has ALL of the amenities one would want. The staff went beyond what was expected, to make sure we had a Fantastic time and was truly amazing.The food was delicious and the choice of restaurants was great. Daniela Delgado assisted us in making the arrangements and was as professional as could be. I would suggest getting in contact with her and making reservations at your choice Restaurants a week before you go. I would love to go back and spend some more quality time at this resort
Joy Rubinstein

3 Thank zitelman
Dear zitelman,

Thank you for the positives comments you have published on Trip Advisor about your recent vacation.

Your satisfaction is our reward; we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we are providing a good service.

We will share your comments with our staff, positive feedbacks as yours encourages us to work harder to offer good service every day.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back for your second visit at Sandos playacar.
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hmmm where to start :) We are travelled as a couple in the middle of October 2013 for 2 weeks. Lets start with the hotel,check in was pretty smooth we got to hour room with a buggy within half an hour from our arrival max and our luggages followed us also within 20 minutes. We only paid for a standard double at the beach section which is are the cheaper rooms but we were really lucky coz our room had a side sea view on the 3rd floor. The room was clean and tidy the only thing was fustrating at the first couple of hours that the rooms are really smells of damp at those blocks ( beach section ) but u know what after couple of hours I just said to myself are you crazy u are in Mexico so who's care :)))) also after 2 days the smell wasnt that bad. I only can say good things about this hotel the beach the grounds the food and the staff-they are just truly amazing soooo helpful and they are working soooo hard in the meantime always smile!!!!! We just LOVED MEXICO,MEXICAN PEOPLE AND SANDOS TOO :) The location is also superb!!! Maybe on eimportant advice before you book excursions within the hotel go out to Playa Del Carmen and have a look for local travel agent as they are seriously much cheaper!!!! All in all it is a lovely hotel would go back anytime :) Have fun!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BZsuzska
Dear BZsuzska,

We would like to thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to have you home.
It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa.

Please let us know as soon as you are ready to comeback, our great team will be ready to exceed your expectations again!

Warm regards.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our son was married at Sandos Playacar in mid-July 2014. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and they went out of their way to provide a first-rate wedding experience, in particular:
- the pre-wedding dinner was excellent!
- the garden setting was well done. It was extraordinarily hot and humid; my recommendation would be to relax the customary dress codes for the guests.
- the reception at the private beach house was wonderful; the amount of drinks and finger food provided was just right (and they tasted great).
- we had a blast at the dinner and dance. The staff treated us like royalty and on occasion, helped us out with the Latin-style dances (which they seemed to enjoy quite a bit).

In terms of the resort itself: our room was spacious (king-sized bed). My sole complaint was that the air conditioning was set so low that we had to use blankets at night - and we're from Alberta, Canada! I tried adjusting the temperature but to no avail.

The food was awesome - I had to really work at maintaining my weight while I was there. As I mentioned before, the staff were gracious and friendly.

I had my doubts when the kids said they'd picked Mexico in the summer time, but it turned out to be an excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Bill K
Dear Bill K,

What a great pleasure is to read such wonderful comments; it’s our pleasure to see that you had a wonderful stay with us!

Thank you for such a wonderful reviewing detailing your experience. Your kind words mean more than you know and your feedback has been displayed in the hotel for all our staff to see.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back for your 2nd visit at Sandos Playacar
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just got back from Sandos Playacar and loved my experience at this resort! When I first stepped foot in the lobby, I was not that impressed, since I've seen nicer lobbies and that have air conditioning! however, they do have many comfortable sofas and it is quite spacious.

I traveled with a friend and we were placed in the adult section (Riviera suites--I believe is what they're called) in the last building on the second floor. Now, I read many of the reviews people had posted about this resort, many good & bad about staying in the adult section. People complained about how the golf carts that pick you up to take you to the "meeting point," which is where most of the action is, the buffets, the pools, and the fabulous beach!--take long. Well, the golf carts did take a long time--sometimes, not always, so I was fine with the service. The guys who drive the golf carts work very hard and they can only do so much! The walk from the adult section is the longest--we did it once, it's not bad, I'd say about 10-15 min. tops and as others have said in their reviews, the walk is beautiful, with lush greenery and jungle animals--I loved it! They even have a sign above one of the arches that reads "El Camino de La Salud" which translates to "The Healthy Pathway"--a cute touch! It's not so much the walk that is hard, it's the humidity coupled with the heat but everyone should do it at least once! We found a short cut for those in the adult section--either wait for the golf cart or take the elevator (right in front of the Gaucho Rest.) up to the lobby and there's a van (air conditioned) that also takes you to the meeting point and the golf carts go by there too. It's all an adventure, just go with it!

Now, about the rooms, they could've been nicer, but they were clean and had everything you needed. They're a good size--we had 2 full beds, a nice flat t.v., a pool view with a balcony & chairs and a very nice, spacious bathroom. There was a jacuzzi tub, 2 vanity sinks and a shower with good water pressure. I had also read about the beds and how hard they are, well, they are hard, again, could be more comfortable, but I still slept well. What bothered me more are the pillows--they are lumpy and high! I like soft, flat pillows, so most nights I slept a little while with the pillow and then flat on the bed because the pillows were just too lumpy. But I don't think it's as bad as other people have mentioned, now I don't know how the beds are in other sections of the resort.

The resort has many positive things as well. They have different activities in the main plaza stage every night & a different genre of music in the disco and Plaza. Activities going on during the day as well and also for kids. Zumba on the beach as well as soccer, tug of war, etc. I think they really try to reach everyone on some level. So there's always something to do--this is good for people who plan to stay on the grounds and not leave--you'll always have something to do! I do have a complaint about the disco however, each night was supposed to be a different music genre, well it wasn't. The DJ pretty much played what ever he wanted and repeated a lot of the same songs the following night! We went 3-4 times to the disco because we love to dance & just made the best of it. The night it was supposed to be 80's & 90's music--the DJ didn't play hardly any songs from the 80's & 90's and each time we went, it was pretty much the same thing, so this was disappointing! If you announce--in writing & on the calendar--the genre of music that will be played at the disco--this is what should be played at least 75% of the time that evening. I don't know if other people noticed this but people who love to dance probably did! I think this would help the turn-out at the disco.

Now, I MUST say something about the beach!!! It is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! Beautiful hues of green & blue, totally swimmable, you don't need water shoes like at other resorts. Just beautiful!!! This is by far the best thing about this resort in my opinion. There are a lot of chaise & lounge chairs under the palm trees, good towel service, a snack bar nearby, etc. I didn't get in the pool at all because the beach is just too beautiful & warm--this is the reason we all come to Cancun & the Mayan Riviera right?

Now, the food...this was my first time doing and all-inclusive and I loved it!! There was a good variety of food at the buffets, again, I think they really try hard to have enough variation of foods, desserts, salad, etc. It was quite good! It was also cool having the 7 (I think) separate restaurants to dine in--Italian, steak house, Frech, Asian, Mediterranean, Brazilian--people got a little more dressed up, like going out on the town--it was fun! Each restaurant had nice decor & ambiance and the food was pretty good. Reservations need to be made to eat at these restaurants---make them the first day you arrive at Guest Services in the Meeting Point (yes, this is what it's called and says so--you'll see) area. This is important otherwise you have to eat at the buffets every day--which is not bad, but you might as well get as much variety as you can! So, yes, I think the all-inclusive is totally worth it, you don't have to worry about paying for anything--just certain wines/spirits at the restaurants if you don't want the house wine. Also you can tip if the service is extra good.

The location of the resort is great also!! It is a private, gated complex of houses, condominiums, and 4-5 resorts in this Playacar complex. It's really beautiful, with many plants, palm trees & lush greenery. You're only about 10 min. from the actual town of Playa del Carmen--the taxis charge 70 pesos about $6 to drive you to the beginning of 5th Avenue (la 5ta Avenida) which is this beautiful shopping & restaurant promenade a block from the beach, I love it!!! Or they charge $90 pesos is you want to be dropped off mid-way on 5th Avenue. The public transportation in Playa is great!!! We did everything on our own, did not do any of the tours because they cost an arm and a leg, so if you want info. on this, send me an email with your questions. We went to Tulum, Cozumel, and Akumal--all sooooo beautiful!!!

So would I come back to Sandos Playacar--definitely!! We had a great time, the staff is incredibly polite, personable and the service is great!! No resort is perfect, but Sandos Playacar has many positives.

They also have bicycles you can use outside the resort in the playacar complex--fun! And boogie boards and Kayaking on the beach--all at no cost!

Room Tip: We had no trouble sleeping in the adult section--I heard the rooms near the beach are the noisiest!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
7 Thank Angelica015
Dear Angelica015,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write this positive feedback about your stay in Sandos Playacar

It is a pleasure for us to hear that we were able to provide you a delightful stay in our resort and that we fulfilled your expectations. We are glad that our beautiful beach, your room as well as the service of our friendly staff was to your liking.

We would be glad to welcome you for the next time in our little paradise.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I have just returned from this hotel. We have stayed at other all inclusive hotels not in Mexico, but this was the best all inclusive we have ever stayed at and we did not want to come home!

We stayed in the adults only section which had its own pool with swim-up bar which was a nice different area where we spent most late afternoons. Occasionally it tended to be a bit noisy with lots of young Americans playing music. The only downside of staying in this section was that it was quite far from the beach, so you couldn't easily enjoy the beach and the pool. The walking was never a problem and sometimes we got the golf cart, but it would be really nice if they had a small adults only pool near the beach like the royal elite do. Our room was a suite with a pool view and having the jacuzzi bath was a nice touch. We found our bed to be quite damp, but not sure if this is due to the humidity.

There was a wide range of drinks, but occasionally the quality varied. The drinks were particularly good in the premium bars and we loved the juices made by Felipe at the juice bar. We loved the cupcake cafe and the creperie, where Rosalinda made amazing crepes with a smile. We managed to eat in the steak house, Mediterranean, French and Asian and also the buffets. The a la cartes were all good, but the Asian restaurant was our favourite. We ate in the French on my birthday, where they had sang happy birthday and gave me a birthday cake! I believe my husband arranged this and also all our reservations through Daniela and she was most helpful and welcoming in arranging everything.

The beach was AMAZING. White powdery sand and crystal clear water and not too crowded, despite being a massive hotel. We had no problem finding sun loungers in the adult section despite people reserving them. We visited sandos caracol and the beach there was nowhere near as good.

One of the biggest assets to this hotel was the staff who worked incredibility hard, always smiling and willing to help you. Overall we loved our stay here and would definitely go back in the future.

Location
5 Thank Tashajay
Dear Tashajay,

Thank you so much for the five star rating and the wonderful review! We are very happy you've enjoyed your time here and can´t wait to have you back, please keep our contact information and let us know when you are ready to return.