“club on the beach”

US$88.99*
and up
VIP Nightclub Tour in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: The world renowned and newly renovated Blue Parrot Beach Club! Your one stop for everything that is Playa. For 30 years Blue Parrot has been a staple in Playa and in December 2014 they reinvented location to be the best event space in Playa. By day, join us at our pool overlooking the beautiful Caribbean ocean, grab a bed on the beach or sit down in our restaurant and enjoy a fresh, organic meal. We take great pride in putting out quality food and great service. By night, we transform into Playa's best bar & club on 12th street. We are the only open air party that goes all night and always host the best events in Playa. We have nightly themed parties but also bring in some of the world's biggest djs. Great to celebrate birthdays and your special night out. We are the only venue that has an open bar with some of the world's top brands and we have many options for table service. Between everything we host free movie nights on the beach every other Wednesday and some of the best cultural events such us a market and art shows. Want to get married at Blue Parrot? There is no venue in Playa that can create a night to remember in such a special way. Our venue is so unique and you will be able to get a destination beach wedding in private unlike the hotel experience where there is no privacy for your ceremony.
Reviewed 1 July 2013

you can always negociata either pay for the open bar or pay for your entrance and buy your own drinks.

1  Thank GoofyWelldone
There are newer reviews for Blue Parrot

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Just to be clear, this is a review about the Blue Parrot bar and not the hotel. I wish I had checked out other reviews before I took friends here a few nights ago. When I had visited in previous years I loved this place, the staff, the casual beach vibe and the nightly fire show.

Well the fire show is no more and has been replaced by different "shows" that rotate through the week. The night I was there it was a bizarre Brazilian theme. What really p1ssed me off is that I asked twice (2 different staff members, one outside and one inside) when the fire show was starting and they both told me "soon". Clearly they lied to make sure we went in and spent some money on drinks while we waited for a fire show that was never going to happen.

The new décor above the dance floor by the DJ booth is also very weird bordering on creepy with what look like aliens and venus flytraps hanging from the ceiling.

When it came time to pay the bill the waiter leaned over and said "Just a reminder, hon, but the tip is not included.". Rude! I worked in the service industry for years and always tip very well. The staff there should be reminded that getting a tip is not a given and in no way is it ok to ask/demand for it.

I will NEVER go there again and will make sure to let all of my friends know that there are far better options in town where they can spend their money and have some fun.

3  Thank angedj
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

I have been at the Blue Parrot club a couple times 2 years ago and it was OK. As I am again on holiday with my girlfriend in Playa we were planning to go again but after today's experience we will keep away from this place: We were lying on the public beach in front of Blue Parrot under one of the few palmtrees a few meters away from the deckchairs of their bar. As there were no guests and the bartender seemed to get bored he entertained himself driving us away from the shadow. He argued that the Blue Parrot had rented the beach in front of their club and we would have to leave and place ourselves somewhere else. I wonder what the strategy of Blue Parrot is to distribute flyers for their club on the main streets behind the club and abuse tourists at the beach side!? Anyway we will never go there again.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I will try to convey how crappy this play is by making a list. I fear that without making a list, my review would become an angry, unintelligible ramble. To add some context, I went here March 2013 with my 5 girlfriends and 2 guy friends. Our group of 8 was solicited outside of the Blue Parrot on 5th avenue. We had wandered here after thinking about going to Coco Bongo and deciding to skip the line and price. The ticket handlers came up to us and told us $25, all drinks included. We all bought tickets in the form of wrist bands. They gave half of us red bands, the other half green. Then the crappiness began.

1. "Tequila" is actually sugar water.
The red banded people were allowed to get mixed drinks, while only the green banded people were allowed to get beer. We had all paid the same price and no one thought the colors of the bands meant anything. After an hour of drinking one "mixed drink" (mojito, margarita, etc) after another, we all felt completely sober. My girl friend and I asked the bartender to make our next drink stronger - he looked at us, poured HALF THE GLASS full of "tequila", all the while nodding and grinning in a "you're gonna get sooo drunk" way, and the drink tasted exactly the same as the previous sugar water drinks. There is NO WAY the tequila they use is pure - I doubt it's alcohol at all.

2. Waiters/bartenders shamelessly demand tips.
The bartenders will barely look at you if you don't give them tips. And I'm not talking about a packed night, they don't have time or whatever. We got there at 11pm at the height of spring break and there were MAYBE 5 other people there. The bartenders stood and chatted with eachother right in front of our face, ignoring us. We gave them a few bucks in their jar. They glanced over at us and pointed to our wallets and said "more". After every drink that followed, they would say, "don't forget about us at the end of the night, we gave you BEST drinks" (false - see point 1).

3. Place is DEAD.
Our group went there on a Thursday night. We stayed there from 11pm - 3 or 4am. We kept waiting for the scene to pick up. Nothing. At most there were 20 people in the whole club.

4. All around sucky time. Please don't even consider going. I can't think of anything else but this place deserves to be put out of business, they blatantly rip off their customers through the bracelet all-you-can-drink deal and then simply don't put alcohol in the mixed drinks. They do this because they know people will go there once and not come back - that's why there is no one there, ever. They survive off new tourists who don't know how crappy their establishment is - do yourself and the country of Mexico a favor and let their business die a natural death of bankruptcy.

4  Thank Darya S
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Great guacamole! The location is sweet, watch the waves while drinking a yummy margarita or mojito. Food is usually pretty good.