As said on previous comments, if you are just looking for a good location, this is the place. If you are expecting more ... just don't go there, and do not take the all inclusive package!!!
Here is a list of some of the disagreements we had during our 3 days stay :
- water stopping while taking your shower. Although, you can "be lucky" and have OR cold water OR really hot water.
- We took the all inclusive package.
They first announced a price, and when we said ok, they changed it, taking for excuse that they made a mistake. Anyway. You are promised to be offered food and drinks in all the facilites of the hotel (incluying the beach club).
Then you discover that : 1. you can eat only in a cheap "self service restaurant", you cannot eat at the beach club or in the main restaurant of the hotel unless you are willing to pay. 2. At the beach club, you cannot choose to put your towel whereever you want, you have to stay in the 20 m2 place that is "reserved for the hotel consumers", far far from the sea and once sitted you can almost smell the feet of your neighbour. You feel like cattle, litteraly.
Oh yea, I almost forgot, you cannot ask for any waiter to bring you your drinks, you have to go for them yourself. Again, far from the fancy bar you would go to If you were willing to pay.
- The food and drink they offer you in the all inclusive is so bad ... At the best, it doesn't taste anything. We suspect that it gave us stomack problems.
Although this is a personnal criteria, but for us, food and drinks are one of the most important things when we travel.
- Service is just awful. As if not taking the complains of the consumer into consideration wasn't enough, they are also disrespectful, unpolite, and they really make you understand that they don't give a s*** about what you could say.
- We also waited for the manager to come talk to us during 2 days (coming back to the front desk to see him 4 or 5 times a day - obviously that's the only thing you want to do being on vacation at the beach ... ). Each time we were told to come back later.
- I forgot a piece of close in the closet of the room, and I realized it once I was back in Mexico City. I sent an email asking them for it. I never got any answer.
I'd like to add that they received the Trip advisor "Certificate of excellence" 2013. This is a point I do not understand, and - even though I don't know what are the modalities - I really think they (Trip Advisor) should pay more attention when attribuing this type of prize, or the consumer will stop trusting them.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Hotel El Tukan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Tukan Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- El Tukan Condotel Hotel
- El Tukan Condotel Suites Beach Club
- Hotel El Tukan Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen