Hotel Riviera Caribe Maya
US$229
US$587
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$320
US$310
US$320
US$301
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$286
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$401
US$344
Agoda.com
US$806
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,434
US$940
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$564
US$415
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
US$211
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmamita's beach clubthe mega grocery storecontinental breakfasthard bedslaundry servicebring earplugsminute walk to the beachbeach chairsavecarlos
Reviewed 5 May 2009

Hola to Paola, Maria & everyone at the Caribe Maya,
My wife & I stayed for 5 days at the Caribe Maya & were treated extremely well by Maria, Luce, & Carlos.To Carlos, good luck with your exams. A pleasure to meet Paola & her lovely dog Judita. We stayed by the pool & had a nice room with all the amenities. Complimentary breakfast was a nice touch. The pool was always clean & a great temperature for swimming. Very romantic at night by the pool. If I had to ask for 1 thing i would ask for a bureau with a few drawers to store our clothes. Not major, but would be nice. Thanks again to all for making us feel so welcome. We will definitely see you again , real soon, salud, Tim & Bridget

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2009

For what we paid, it was fabulous. The hotel was prettier than the pictures posted on this site (its YELLOW!) It was clean, well maintained, the air conditioning was cold, the location was convenient and fairly quiet. The service was good but not overly-friendly. The pool was gorgeous, shady and cool. We didn't eat at the restaurant- apparently breakfast comes with some packages and not others, but there was a terriffic restaurant 2 blocks down at av 10 and calle 28- La Hacienda de los Herradurras- wonderful and cheap with free drinks! There are mini-fridges in the room- we bought bottled water and beer at a convenience store and kept it there since the minibar prices were not the best. There is no hairdryer in the room- bring your own. My husband was annoyed that the housekeeping staff kept turning the ac off, but it got cold quickly. We were initially put in a full sized bed room (106) that smelled a bit musty. We showed them our Expedia receipt that said we should have a king sized bed, and we were moved to a much nicer room (303) that was on the third floor- better view, but no elevator. There is a great coffee shop a half of a block down on calle 30- called Ah Caco- be sure to try their fresh squeezed OJ- its incredible. Be aware though, that Playa is NOT an early rising town- pretty much NOTHING-- not even Starbucks-- opens before 7 and there is no coffee in the rooms or lobby!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ugeauxgirl
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I got a really good price through expedia... but because it was so cheap I was a little worried about what to expect. But let me tell you, I could not have been more pleasantly surprised!

First let me say that Maria at the front desk was the nicest and friendliest staff member I've ever dealt with at a hotel. My first day in Playa was stressful... my bag was broken by the airline, and I couldn't find my brother for like, 6 hours (he was supposed to meet me at the airport). When I got to the hotel I was very frazzled. Maria welcomed me with a big smile and made me feel better just by being so nice. The whole time I was there she made me feel very welcome.

Also, the hotel is very pretty. The photos on expedia didn't do it justice. Very pretty courtyard with a much bigger pool than I expected, palm trees all over, and a very tastefully decorated room. I had a balcony overlooking the pool with comfy chairs and a little table. WAY more than I expected for the price. Also had VERY reasonable prices for the mini-bar (15 pesos for water or soda). Free internet access in the lobby, they gave me beach towels any time I asked, pretty lobby, and the location was great- two blocks from the beach and one block from 5th Avenue.

The only "cons" I would mention are: no one knew where this hotel was when I first got off the bus, and expedia had failed to give me the full address! So, if you're going to stay here make sure you know it's at the corner of Calle 30 and 10th Avenue. And you can't use a calling card from your phone in the room without paying 5 pesos a minute.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Very friendly staff, clean, convenient location to beach and 5th Ave., but away from the crowds. 15 blocks to the ferry/bus station/collective vans, but we like to walk so no problem for us. Rooms were kept clean, enough towels & supplies each day, grreat firm beds! Bathrooms could be a little improved, water presssure low but adequate. Liked that they provided beach towels. Felt seucre and comfortable. Hotel was airy & cozy.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2009

This a good choice for a budget hotel. The location is great. 1 Block from 5th avenue and 2.5 blocks from the beach. The first room we were given had a moldy smell. When I asked to be switched the girl at the front desk laugh and admitted that they get complaints about that room all the time. It took 2 days before they had a new room to switch us to. The new room had no odor. The landscaping around the pool and courtyard are maintained well. The house keeping staff did a great job cleaning the room. I did find that in the hotel there is a mosquito problem. I must have been bitten 20 times. Mosquitoes seem pretty common throughout Playa del Carmen though.

I would not recommend Mamitas Beach Club. The lounge chairs are old and uncomfortable. The waiters are rude. If you are not drinking and eating a lot they continually ask if you would like your check trying to get rid of you. I did like the beach club karma right next to Mamitas, The waiters are much more pleasant and attentive. The lounge chairs are more comfortable too.

If you like gelato the best place we found was Aldo's gelateria. Did not find any great restaurants in Playa. We did like Los Comales for Mexican food.

If you are planning to take a side trip to Tulum or other spot I would recommend going tot the main bus terminal on 5th ave. The tour companies charge $60-95 to Tulum. We paid $9 for the bus to Tulum. The was was new, comfortable, had TV, and a clean bathroom.

If I went back I would probably stay Hotel Aventura Mexicana.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank img712