Upon checking we were instantly amazed at the beauty of the grounds. Everywhere we turned was nature and wildlife. The grounds are covered by Monkeys, peacocks, flamingos and many other critters
This all- inclusive is simply beautiful and the staff is so very friendly and helpful. They try hard to provide events throughout the day to keep people entertained. From salsa dance lessons and scuba lessons to a singing and dancing show they try.
Now the nightly signing and dancing shows are not broadway, they are bearable.
The are however, several things which will prevent me from ever returning.
The food is simply awful. Breakfast is good as is most of items in their mexocan restaurany and that's about it. The dinner buffet was less than poor. The rest of the meals, boring, tasteless, overcooked and simply subpar
The drinks. Well it IS all inclusive, so I guess they can't pour a stong drink right? Let's just say they are weak!!
The beds. Ever sleep on. Rock? I have never been in a hotel with such horribly uncomfortable beds. Another night and I woulda have had to find another hotel.
The pool chairs. First off, you cannot find one after about 9am While their are signs saying no reserving of the chairs, almost every chair is saved by a towel, a hat, shoe whatever. Once you do score a chair you find they are the cheapest chairs you have ever seen. They are constantly falling apart and people are getting jerked back because the chairs ant stay locked into place. It becomes so frustrating it's almost unbearable.
In a nutshell:
Resort Appearance: 5 stars
Service: 5 Stars
Room Comfort: 2 Stars
Food: 1 Star
Entertainment: 3 Stars
Overall: 2 Stars. I simply can't give a place more Stars with poor food, an uncomfortable bed and beach chairs that I can't relax in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen