Just returned from 6 nights here......our first trip to Playa del Carmen. I read a lot of tripadvisor reviews prior to the trip, and I would have to say that I agree with most of them. This was our first "all inclusive" experience, and overall it was great! The property is beautiful, and the service spectacular! Rooms are ok, but then again we did not spend that much time in our room anyway. Breakfast buffet was great, but lunch & dinner were mediocre in my opinion. Ala carte restaurants were much better......specifically the Japanese, Italian and Steakhouse. We were a little disappointed that the bars - none of them had anything to offer for spiced rum. We are Capt Morgan drinkers, and there was no brand of spiced rum available even in the lobby bar where premiums are served. Other than that the drinks were certainly plentiful! and we tried several new ones. I personally like the Mojitos and Dirty Monkey. Ricardo, who helped us booking our excursions was awesome! We did the dolphin experience at Delphinus, Xplor and Tulum. Delphinus and Xplor were both exceptional and not to be missed if you have kids (we had our 12yr old son with us). We never made it to any of the shows or the disco while we were there, but there are certainly plenty of activiites going on at all times to keep everyone happy. From yoga in the mornings, to zumba and volleyball on the beach, bingo by the pool, ceramic painting, archery, ping pong........you name it! Our son has already asked if we can go back again for spring break next year! We will see. My hubby & I would like to go down there alone sometime too and just lay on the beach or by the pool the whole time! All in all it was a fabulous vacation and we would certainly stay at the Iberostar again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen