This was our first time to an Isberostar resort after 4 other times in the Mayan at different resort and without a doubt this was one of the best we have been at. The grounds and the staff (star friends) are fantastic and gorgeous! This is a smaller resort that we have been before but in the end it never felt crowded or busy in fact it was just right.
We stayed in villa 22 on the 2nd floor and came with all the standards. For the us and the two kids we made out just fine. In fact, we have heard that the beds are a little hard but we found them perfect and very comfy. The a/c ran most of the time and kept the room a cool 21 degrees all the time great after a day in the sun.
We were able to go to all of the restaurants the best was the Italian followed by the Japanese and Mexican. We never had a bad meal and enjoyed the service. The buffets were good as well, breakfast was always the best meal of the day and even for the one night we ate at the buffet we had a fantastic meal on the Tucan side. If you ever get up early in the morning stroll over to the beach side restaurant for a cappuccino and enjoy the morning sunrise - Awesome!
We loved the majority of the evening shows only a couple we did not, the magic show was great entertainment. We especially like the variety shows involving the audience, where else will you find an audience of men standing in their underwear only, if you go there or were there you know want I'm talking about.
The Quetzal beach is perfect, you can walk out into the ocean and never touch a rock and the waves are great fun. Take a walk down the beach (to the right side) it is secluded and has some great spot for some pictures.
Overall the Isberostar never failed us we loved the star friend staff and the events they held all day, the pools were great and the drinks are fab. Just a great tip for you, tip tip tip, leave a few dollars each day and give the waiters an amount for the great service they will definitely give.
We will certainly look to return to an Isberostar and will promote this resort to all our friend and family as much as we can, we can't wait to come back thank you Quetzal for a perfect vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen