My husband and I travelled with my parents to the Mayan Riviera, hoping for a great stay at a family resort during spring break. Well, we were not disappointed. What a beautiful, clean, friendly and safe place the Iberostar Quetzal is. The pool is huge, the ocean turquoise and warm, the sand powdery white and the beautiful beach is enormous, palapas everywhere. There are walking paths through the jungle area, where we saw 2 adult monkeys and their babies, peacocks, flamingos, parrots, tortoises, swans, and many more animals. Waterfalls, fountains and lush foliage everywhere. Just an amazing resort, perfect for all ages. My parents are seniors, and often feel out of place at a beach. But this resort was comfortable, very secure and full of families. They loved it, and so did we. Best part was, the well behaved clientele. Very few loud obnoxious drunks to spoil your holiday. Our last holiday was in Puerta Vallarta at a Riu, where we had to endure endless partying and noise. This was the complete opposite.
We generally enjoyed the food, and thought the buffet was very good. Also ate at the Steakhouse, Japanese and Mexican. Only one we didn't like was the Mexican restaurant, but you can get a great picture with a sombrero! Steakhouse was surprisingly good!
Our room was in building 27, which was close to the lobby. Biggest complaint is the noise coming from the Riu across from us, and squawking peacocks and ducks at night and early morning. Felt like we were living the "Jungle Book". Very cool though, a truly unique experience.
No free Wi-fi at this hotel, however, head out of the resort and a 5 minute walk on a very nice, safe street with cobblestone road, will get you to Starbucks for a great cup of java, and free internet. We went to Playa del Carmen as well, which is about a 30 minute walk, or 5 minute cab ride ($7 U.S.)
So much more to say, but other reviewers have accurately depicted events and childrens activities as well. We really want to go back to this resort and would highly recommend it to families. Thank you to all Iberostar staff for your outstanding service. Loved this resort!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen