We went at that hotel for the beach and we were very pleased with it. The sand is white and very fine. TWe went at that hotel for the beach and we were very pleased with it. The sand is white and very fine. The beach run for miles. The water color just unbelievable. The food tend to be a bit overcook but not way overcook. The personnel very friendly and helpful when needed.
The only flaw in that trip was the airline. We went with Sunwing. Getting there went fine. We bought excursions from them. The first was to go to coral reef. An hour ride from the hotel. The back bench as no bench... Only the cloth but nothing to hold it. Very uncomfortable. We did not made any complaint for that trip, maybe we should have. The next one was at Riu Secreto, the secret river. Worth while seeing. Well organized, very friendly guide. We loved it. But, on the way there, we waited 30 minutes in front of a shopping mall for nothing, in a van with no a-c. When we got back from the river, every other hotel had there bus waiting except ours. We were 4 waiting in the wood at night time in a foreign country... An employe waited with us and made a few calls for 40 minutes. Then he decide to drive us with the van of the site witch ad no plate for the road ( it was used only in the drive in the woods ). My girl friend got bugs bites and we were stressed waiting at night time in the woods.
The next morning, we went to see Sunwing employe for a refund. She made a call to her boss and then told us that we had the excursion so no point for refund. When I insisted she said that I have to fill a complaint form and she would give it to her boss and would come with an answer the next morning. The next morning an other employe told us that they are not responsible, they are not the one making reservation for transportation. We paid more money to have service from someone we tough we could trust. It is cheaper to by those excursions from the hotel or even better, go to 5th avenue in Playa del Carmel ( 5 minutes drive ). There are many excursions sellers and I think the price is even better.
While we were waiting for her to reach her boss there were 4 persons that came in an asked for the bus for the airport. They were waitings for 1h30 and were scared of missing the plane. She made some more calls and told them to get cab ( a 1h drive ). 2 young men had no money and the Sunwing employe could not do anything to help them. Luckily for them, a couple offer hem a ride in there taxi.He water color just unbeleavable
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen